IGNORED

Atari 600Xl S-video mod = video ok but black and white

repetto74

Well I have still to confirm the B&W video now. Problem is that I am using a bad video converter (crap sucking garbage from China) which is really faulty! When used with a ZX Spectrum I could see some washed out colors but not with the 600XL. But looking at this video now I may just see that color is there.

I am waiting for a decent converter to confirm. :? :mad: :mad: :mad:

PS : I do have the DIN video socket on the 600XL machine as this is a PAL version.

post-37196-0-31004000-1487786687_thumb.jpg

Edited by repetto74
  • Like 1

Just received the Tendak converter S-video/RGB to HDMI. This thing is really awesome, image quality looks really nice! I thing it does worth the price.

Only doubt I have is concerning a color artifact. Does Donkey Kong display in dark pink on the original ?

Have tested on a C64 and also very nice output but I do see some pink shades on white characters. Hope it is my old LCD display who did that.

:?

PS : I have checked with Donkey Kong cartridge and our favorite monkey has a brown color in there :D . I think it is fine then. Also on youtube Atari800 version of Donkey Kong Junior has DK in a violet color. Do not know why this choice it is interesting :)

post-37196-0-88687200-1487875377_thumb.jpg

post-37196-0-81211000-1487875385_thumb.jpg

post-37196-0-64548100-1487875391_thumb.jpg

Edited by repetto74