IGNORED

Bruce Harrison's Nutcracker source?

adamantyr

Hi all,

I'm looking to get a copy of Bruce Harrison's music assembly source code. He said in an Art of Assembly article that the full source for his Nutcracker suite was available for purchase, did anyone get that and can share it here?

The WHT Tech disk is NOT the source, it's only the binaries.

Thanks!

• Like 1

I just went through my archived copy of Bruce's web page. He described his software there, but did not actually upload copies of it. He did note that most of his software was available online (and that some of it was available through Richard Bell). I also looked at my archive of Bruce Harrison disks, but they are just the set of disks currently on WHT. I did find an AMS file transfer program that I didn't remember seeing before though. . .it transfers large text files between the PC and a TI with SAMS and RS-232.

Edited by Ksarul

Long ago, Bruce sent me source code for one of his Christmas compilations so that I could write a version that would run on a Geneve at the proper speed. I modified a song or two before putting the effort on the shelf. I might have those disks copied to the PC. If interested, I'll look in my files this weekend.

I'd like that, thanks!

As for using disassemblers, that's possible but incredibly messy. Not having commentary to explain designs makes it really difficult to discern algorithms. I had a commented source of a game and even WITH that I couldn't figure out the exact nature of the high end design of some of the AI.

I'd like that, thanks!

As for using disassemblers, that's possible but incredibly messy. Not having commentary to explain designs makes it really difficult to discern algorithms. I had a commented source of a game and even WITH that I couldn't figure out the exact nature of the high end design of some of the AI.

I found the four disks that Bruce shared with me. When I have time, I will catalog them and if they are still viable, I will transfer their contents.

• Like 1

Excellent, thank you!

I archived each disk and ZIPPED up the resulting five files. There are four source code disks and 1 XB auto-load disk. Each of the archives is in TIFILES format. (I have also uploaded the archives to Heatwave BBS.)

Bruce Harrison Christmas-source and program archives.zip

I suspect RAG Assembler and Linker were the tools of choice. You'll notice that for each song, there are files ending in "S" and "P", one of which will have the COPY directives to include any necessary source files during the assembly process.

• Like 3