IGNORED

WTB/WTT for Intellivision Learning Fun I and/or II

KylJoy

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

it took me sixteen years to get them...

Well, I have the carts but want CIB. I have all of the others CIB and these will finish my collection. I've already been looking for years myself! I hope it doesn't take me 16 MORE years!

I long ago gave up on Learning Fun II or Spiker unless some poor soul sells them in an Intellivision lot on eBay not realizing what they are worth. But I do believe I can get Learning Fun I and Stadium Mud Buggies. I might be able to do all 4 if I settle for cart only but then I might as well just get the ROMs and call that good.

I hope you find them in decent shape KylJoy. It's always good to see someone new hit the 125.

• Like 1

I long ago gave up on Learning Fun II or Spiker unless some poor soul sells them in an Intellivision lot on eBay not realizing what they are worth. But I do believe I can get Learning Fun I and Stadium Mud Buggies. I might be able to do all 4 if I settle for cart only but then I might as well just get the ROMs and call that good.

I hope you find them in decent shape KylJoy. It's always good to see someone new hit the 125.

As long as my wife doesn't know, I'd pony up for a CIB learning ii, but I don't know yet if I could do a CIB spiker

As long as my wife doesn't know, I'd pony up for a CIB learning ii, but I don't know yet if I could do a CIB spiker

Honestly, I think LF II is more rare than Spiker. I see Spiker come up on eBay 4 or 5 times a year but I can't remember the last time I saw LF II for sale. At least not complete in box.

Honestly, I think LF II is more rare than Spiker. I see Spiker come up on eBay 4 or 5 times a year but I can't remember the last time I saw LF II for sale. At least not complete in box.

You might be right but I currently lean towards thinking that Spiker is more rare but is seen on eBay more because it's often listed with an extremely high Buy-It-Now price so it stays up longer. That said, your post is food for thought...

• Like 2

A CIB Learning Fun 2 sold on eBay in early December for $399 (obo). I too essentially gave up on LF2 and Spiker barring a sub-market rate happenstance in my favor. Same with 4-Tris. I'd probably pay $200 each for LF2 and 4-Tris...maybe slightly more for Spiker. Fortunately I moved past the mentality that my life isn't complete until my collection is :D

• Like 3

AFAIR, a CIB Learning Fun II was listed on ePay by warpzoneonline and sold in May 2017 and another one was sold by Rev's friend in January 2017 (here: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/259869-large-intellivision-collection-for-sale-homebrews-videoplexer-sealed-games/?p=3648205)

You know, it might make sense for all of us that need these items to work together instead of against each other for us all to get them. I mean, what if we would agree to work together to not bid on an item so that we are not running the price up against each other. I think that is likely happening now to a degree. I'm not sure that this would workout but we could experiment with it. I don't know how yet. Good idea? Impossible?

• Like 1

You know, it might make sense for all of us that need these items to work together instead of against each other for us all to get them. I mean, what if we would agree to work together to not bid on an item so that we are not running the price up against each other. I think that is likely happening now to a degree. I'm not sure that this would workout but we could experiment with it. I don't know how yet. Good idea? Impossible?

a 'price fixing' (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Price_fixing)?

After the Intv Brotherhood we would have the Intv Cartel, lol

Edited by intellivotion

I was not referring to price fixing. I think it is sort of the opposite. I was referring to agreeing to not bid against each other to NOT unnecessarily drive the price way up against each other. I had a situation recently where one other person and I were unknowingly bidding against each other and drive the price of an item WAY up. If I would have known that the other bidder was who it was I would have let them have the item at a price hundreds of dollars less than they ended up paying for the item. Sure, someone else could have bid the item way up but I would not have.

Why don't we all pitch in to pay for these items together, so that we are all co-owners? Then, we could pass the games back and forth to each other on a monthly basis to play them.

Well, I really want my own physical copy. If you simply want to play the games the ROMs are readily available for emulation or LTO Flash, etc.