IGNORED

Battlesphere

Xebec

Hey folks,

Many years ago I passed up on buying Battlesphere on the original run because I was going back to college and the $90 was out of my budget..

I read through all of the forums about there being one production run and that there will never be another production run ..

I believe in supporting the homebrew community as appropriate -- is there any way to legitimately buy the ROM for Battlesphere to play on a software emulator? I love both of the original Star Raiders (I think 2 is often underrated), and always wanted to try Battlesphere..

John

There is an SD Cart in the works, take a look at that thread. Probably will be an option in the future. I may be able to talk Scott into making the ROM available for sale. I reached out to him on LinkedIn and had a nice conversation about the game, unfortunately one person on their team is the reason they won't do another run or sell the rights so that someone else can.

• Like 1

There is an SD Cart in the works, take a look at that thread. Probably will be an option in the future. I may be able to talk Scott into making the ROM available for sale. I reached out to him on LinkedIn and had a nice conversation about the game, unfortunately one person on their team is the reason they won't do another run or sell the rights so that someone else can.

i aslo talked to him on FB as well, really nice guy. we may see BattleSphere again in the future...

• Like 2

Unreal that they'll let this slide but unwilling to work with someone to reproduce something that is actually legit.

They can't stand the piracy either but they want a reprint to be tied to some huge Kickstarter campaign to do a version of BS for modern consoles. Not super realistic in my opinion. Doing battlesphere type games these days don't happen with a five person team, as I'm sure any of the few hundred people who worked on No Man's Sky will attest.

They can't stand the piracy either but they want a reprint to be tied to some huge Kickstarter campaign to do a version of BS for modern consoles. Not super realistic in my opinion. Doing battlesphere type games these days don't happen with a five person team, as I'm sure any of the few hundred people who worked on No Man's Sky will attest.

This was actually my plan but the programmer I was wanting to join the project isn't currently available so negotiations for that has been on hold. Nothing else of agreement to the Jaguar side of things, not that I'm in a position to launch something like that right now anyway.

Im just saying. Its not that great of a game. Actually the graphics are pretty decent, comparable even to some N64 games. But the game itself is not worth the price it has risen to. Its madness.I dont even want get started on that 6 button controller....

Edited by Jeffrey_Bones
  • Like 2

Im just saying. Its not that great of a game. Actually the graphics are pretty decent, comparable even to some N64 games. But the game itself is not worth the price it has risen to. Its madness.I dont even want get started on that 6 button controller....

Completely agree 100% about BSG. Wanted it for longest time. When I finally could play it, just can't get into it. Have more fun playing Downfall on the Jag.

• Like 3

I've seen some people slam BS in recent years. I get that at least one member of the development has caused a lot of ill feeling due to his antics and attitude, but that shouldn't be counted against the game itself. Personally I think it's a great shooter, and an excellent update of Star Raiders - too bad someone associated with the game is such an asshat...

• Like 2

The game actually has hidden analog support but since a analog stick for the system was never produced it remains unactivated.

Unreal that they'll let this slide but unwilling to work with someone to reproduce something that is actually legit.

I doubt that they're letting it slide, more likely that they're either not aware of it or unable to get it stopped.

• Like 1

I've seen some people slam BS in recent years. I get that at least one member of the development has caused a lot of ill feeling due to his antics and attitude, but that shouldn't be counted against the game itself. Personally I think it's a great shooter, and an excellent update of Star Raiders - too bad someone associated with the game is such an asshat...

I agree :)

A great shooter and very nice when Jag-linked.