IGNORED

Battlesphere

Xebec

Have you actually been lucky to see/experience SRI in 1979 ? I mean, it's almost 40 years ago...

I would expect that to be the norm rather than the exception in this geezer board.

I didn't play the 8-bit computer game, but I had the Atari VCS cartridge, and enjoyed the many variants/ripoffs of the day, like Starmaster, Space Spartans, Blockade Runner, Phaser Patrol, and others.

Unfortunately, I've only seen Star Raiders I about 2-3 years after I stopped playing Atari, and at that time was playing Wolfenstein 3D on 80386, so obviously, Star Raiders I could not possibly have made an impact on me in year 1992 (that's almost 15 years, which is a lot in graphics), and that's why I erroneously always implicit SR II, not SR I.

I absolutely agree that for 1979 it's a groundbreaking effort and it must have blown socks off people playing it.

The thing is, I missed the game completely, that's all.

The video above that includes the bit from Star Raiders... it reminds me a LOT like the Atari 2600 game "Solaris."

That game was awesome for the 2600... it blew me away when I bought it at Toys R' Us back in the day. I pulled the little orange paper from the wall of 2600 games... paid for it at the counter with allowance money, and then waited my turn with my mom at the "game shack" at the front of the store.

Man... I miss the 80s.

Have you actually been lucky to see/experience SRI in 1979 ? I mean, it's almost 40 years ago...

Had a 130XE and bought Star Raiders for it.

I would expect that to be the norm rather than the exception in this geezer board.

That's funny. It's all relative. :)

Edited by rayik

• 2 years later...
5 hours ago, Judas-Prime said:

I really wish i could purchase a good rom of Battlesphere from an official source.... every single BS rom i have tried gives me a red screen. :(

Hmm.  Maybe try a real cart.  Mine all seem to work fine.

In before the lock.

• Like 3