IGNORED

Looking for a few cheats / trainers

eegad

I've found a few cheat files / trainers for Atari 8-bit games. (http://atari.panprase.cz/?action=trainery&pismeno=vse has a bunch for instance). There are a few games I'd love to find cheats/trainers for (because I can't finish them!!!), but have so far not been successful. Was wondering if anyone out there happens to have any of these :

- Shamus

- Necromancer

- Sea Dragon

- Pharoah's Curse (yes, I know the level select code...I would like unlimited lives)

- Astrochase

- Laser Gates

- Spelunker

Much thanks in advance for any help.

• Like 1

Well here they are for Altirra, 3 I've just done now and others from previous Atari800win cheats (I probably did those as well?)

Necromancer is a bit tricky because the numbers advance you from level to level, will work on it..

All work with atr versions of games, didn't use packed versions for possible memory differences..

Just go to Altirra after the game is loaded and the cheat option on toolbar, and load in the cheat, make sure there's a value / address in the right hand box (if not double click on the one in the left window) and make sure its ticked to activate..

cheats.zip

Mclaneinc - thanks for those cheats. I was actually looking for hacked files to play on a real Atari via Maxflash cart. But you've been a big help in finding the relevant addresses. I just loaded your Shamus cheat in Altirra, found the address $0202, then used a hex editor to search the Shamus file for 8D 02 02, which would be a "store accumulator" at that address (thankfully I still remember a little bit of assembly). Found it, along with a "load accumulator" command with value of $04 before it. I changed the $04 to $FF, saved the file, and here is the result - a hacked Shamus .xex with 256 lives. When I get time I'll try to incorporate the rest of your cheats into these games.

Shamus (cheat).xex

• Like 1

Glad its helped you, a bit of good news for tonight...

All addresses should be totally relevant to real hardware so handy to have as a bit of assembly searching like you have done..

Oh and thanks really go to Phaeron for adding the cheat function I asked for, I'd done the same thing via Omnimon all those years ago but saved only a few of the creations I made..

Edited by Mclaneinc

All addresses should be totally relevant to real hardware

Yes. But some .xex have been compressed from disk/cassette images and have 'loaders', so you can't just search through the file normally. Having trouble with Sea Dragon. Working on it.

Laser Gates cheat. Shields will not be diminished by enemy ships, nor slamming through stationary walls. Contact with the shimmering "laser gates" will however drain the shields, so you do at least need to move around a little bit to not die. :-)

And I'm pretty much giving up on Necromancer. I could do the seed cheat, but really, I never have a problem getting through the first of the 3 phases. What I really want is to have Strength to not drain during phases 2 and 3. And I can do that.....in Altirra. The problem is that you need to have strength drain in order to complete phase 1, so if I just hack the file to not ever drain strength you are stuck forever in phase 1. In Altirra, you can just play through phase 1 and then enable a cheat to put $05 into $5069 at the start of phase 2....that'll let you just walk through phases 2 & 3 to the ending. Oh well. At least I finally DID get to see the ending in Altirra, after 30+ years.

Laser Gates (cheat).xex

• Like 1

I took another crack at Necromancer from a different angle. Result is a version where you play through the first phase (planting trees) normally. In the second phase, the arms grabbing down from the ceiling cannot grab you or your trees. Hatched spiders can kill your trees, but will actually INCREASE your strength if they touch you (an odd side effect of what I was trying to do). In the third phase, you can mostly just walk through it....sometimes you lose a little strength, but not much.

Also, another cheat version for Sea Dragon. Infinite lives, infinite air, and full invinceability.

Necromancer (cheat).xex

Sea Dragon (cheat2).xex

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 9 months later...

??

The Original untouched Shamus needed OSB, this cheat version seems to be patched and works on both from the little I tried...The T is just for lives only, no collision removal etc...

Not sure of the problem?

Edited by Mclaneinc

Ah, its your trainer..Sorry...

Thought you were asking if its working or not..

Lives should help most people...If you like Shamus anyway look for the special version created on here with all the C64 levels added..

I did cheats for Shamus and most of the old stuff back in the day, no menu's just cheated and you played it or not..