IGNORED

Ex-Atari employee selling Jag/Lynx stuff on Craigslist

robbievgb

I didn't even think about it! There were no pics, just a list of stuff.

From what I remember, he claimed he had lots of eproms of unreleased Jag and lynx games, iron soldier concept art, and lots of promotional items like a jaguar mug and jacket.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hi all,

This was my posting. The lot was sold earlier this morning. I should have another round of collectibles soon, I just need time to catalog them, take photos and of course try and figure out a reasonable price for the lot. If you have any questions feel free to PM me, and let me know if you are looking for anything specific as I still have a lot more left than I anticipated.

• Like 20

Hi all,

This was my posting. The lot was sold earlier this morning. I should have another round of collectibles soon, I just need time to catalog them, take photos and of course try and figure out a reasonable price for the lot. If you have any questions feel free to PM me, and let me know if you are looking for anything specific as I still have a lot more left than I anticipated.

Welcome to the forums. I know you only by name lol Seen your name mentioned in the credit of a few Jaguar games.

It would be awesome if Carl or Albert picked up everything you have left. Maybe we could even get a community funded project going to preserve anything you have that never made it to retail release. Would suck if what you had was lost to a private collector to never been seen

• Like 8

Hi Ted! As others have mentioned, your name is definitely well known from those of us who were Atari fans in the 90s.

It would be awesome if Carl or Albert picked up everything you have left. Maybe we could even get a community funded project going to preserve anything you have that never made it to retail release. Would suck if what you had was lost to a private collector to never been seen

This 1000x over. As my primary university research field is now about videogame/software preservation (from a cultural more than technical position), I cannot abide by the hoarding or 'one-upmanship' mentality that permeates some of the console collectors scene (not so much the computing scene oddly enough)...and the Jaguar collector approach hasn't been immune to this either (although, despite occasional dissenters, the Jag scene is generally more open and sharing these days). I do hope whoever gets it plans on sharing some stuff as much as legally possible in digital form, plus via purchase (if some things are 'complete' enough).

I very much look forward to what comes of this :)

Edited by skip
  • Like 4

Well I feel silly. Sorry for my initial skepticism Ted!

Hope the community can benefit from some of this material, whoever acquires it.

I posted here because if it did happen to be legit I'm not in a place right now to purchase such rare stuff (plus I don't actually even live in CO anymore), but I knew there would be plenty of people here ready to jump on it without hesitation.

Welcome to AtariAge!

Well I feel silly. Sorry for my initial skepticism Ted!

Hope the community can benefit from some of this material, whoever acquires it.

I posted here because if it did happen to be legit I'm not in a place right now to purchase such rare stuff (plus I don't actually even live in CO anymore), but I knew there would be plenty of people here ready to jump on it without hesitation.

Welcome to AtariAge!

It is all good. How were you to know who was posting such seemingly fantastical things especially on Craigslist. I am happy to have found such a passionate group of folks which I can happily sell my remaining items to. I know Carl has expressed interest in EEPROMS and others have sent me PM inquiring about documents. I will send out the list of items I have left in the order I received the requests - just to be fair.

• Like 8

Did anyone grab a screen shot of the ad? I would be interested to see what he was listing

I always try to post screen shots or cut and paste content for later reading. Annoys me when links to ebay postings are made, might have had good pictures in the listing, and well... the ebay posting is long gone. Annoys me.

*bows down to the Almighty King Tahquechi*

...I kid of course.

For those that didn't know, Ted and his wife were the voices heard in Tempest 2000.

I should know; I heard it from the mouth of the Yak! ;)

BTW, infinite welcomes to AtariAge from myself and all who have seen your name in the credits of the games you worked on!

• Like 1