IGNORED

Ex-Atari employee selling Jag/Lynx stuff on Craigslist

robbievgb

*bows down to the Almighty King Tahquechi*

...I kid of course.

For those that didn't know, Ted and his wife were the voices heard in Tempest 2000.

I should know; I heard it from the mouth of the Yak! ;)

BTW, infinite welcomes to AtariAge from myself and all who have seen your name in the credits of the games you worked on!

Yes, the voices for T2K were my wife Carrie and I. I actually worked with developers quite a bit on sounds and Foley work for Jag games. Dino Dudes Cybermorph and others. I kept myself pretty busy while I was at Atari lol.

• Like 6

Yes, the voices for T2K were my wife Carrie and I. I actually worked with developers quite a bit on sounds and Foley work for Jag games. Dino Dudes Cybermorph and others. I kept myself pretty busy while I was at Atari lol.

My company was able to acquire the rights of the Humans IP from Imagitec. If you have any Dino Dudes Stuff, I would be interested on it!

• Like 1

Things are great thank you 8-) It has been so great to meet everyone here!

so what are you up to these days, anything to do with gaming?

I'm still at it (dunno if you have seen TxK for Vita, it's more or less an evolved T2K with a proper frame rate). Currently finishing off a VR shooter that's ridiculous.

My coding chair is from 1196 Borregas so my arse is still daily connected to good old Atari :D

• Like 14

I'm still at it (dunno if you have seen TxK for Vita, it's more or less an evolved T2K with a proper frame rate). Currently finishing off a VR shooter that's ridiculous.

My coding chair is from 1196 Borregas so my arse is still daily connected to good old Atari :D

Good to see you still at it and independent, Yak! Shahid and Spencer have been a massive help to all the indies out there -- Sony have been doing a good job. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Unfortunately Martin lost everything, the best way to go about it is to hack our way around Dino dudes to make the new levels.

Do those rights include the rights to make a new Dino Dudes/Humans game?

When did you get the rights to humans ? I don't have anything from humans :( I know I had to hand over the source to Atari at the end of the game - it was zipped up and password protected. I think I still remember the password but I have not heard of the discs surfacing anywhere.

Edited by Seedy1812
  • Like 2

No to go off topic, but what was the Humans connection between the Falcon/Panther/Jaguar? Was Humans/Dino Dudes created for the Falcon first then ported to the Jaguar or were they two separate versions? Was there ever a version being worked on for the Panther before it was axed? I've always been curious about these early Panther/Jaguar games since there seems to be some overlap with the Falcon.

These days my focus is on photography. I have been out of the games industry for some tie now. Glad to hear you are still at the good fight! Someone has to do it 8)

• Like 2

So cool! I always wondered who that was!

Did they have to alter the frequency for either of your voices, or is that what you both naturally sound like?

So cool! I always wondered who that was!

Did they have to alter the frequency for either of your voices, or is that what you both naturally soundI added some pretty simple chorus and flange if I remember correctly

The effects I used were pretty simple, because we didn't want to muddy the voices. If I remember correctly I used some chorus and some light flange for both and ended up pitching mine down one key. Carrie's is pretty close to her natural voice though. I still remember her chasing everyone out of the studio when she was working on the sexy superzapper recharge sample. She to this day still does custom answer messages for Atari fans phones its pretty cool really.

• Like 10

Sweet! T2K for VR? Ha, that would be incredibly difficult, though I still want a VLM in VR...

What are you working on for VR? I have an HTC Vive and love it.

TxK exists in VR but won't be released (afaik). Blame (faux)Atari and their lawyers.

Llamasoft are working this. Out soon :)

There's more video of the game out there too

Excellent - PS4 + VR will be system #7 I have bought exclusively for a Minter title.

• Like 1