IGNORED

Where buy Atari 2600 cartridge connector?

chaozz

I bought an Atari Flashback 2 for the purpose of modding it into an Atari 2600.

The process is pretty straight forward, but I am struggling to find the hardware to do the actual mod. The guide I will probably use is: http://www.atarimuseum.com/fb2hacks/

That guide has a picture that shows what hardware I need for the mod (page 3, also attacked to this post for comfort). I need a Cartridge Connector and a Cartridge Guide. The latter is probably needed to open up some of the cartridges that have a dust cover built in.

Does anyone know where to get these parts? Or is anyone selling salvaged cartridge ports from broken Atari 2600's?

I live in The Netherlands, so please let me know what your price would be including shipping.

post-44229-0-29237000-1488288064_thumb.gif

It looks like you got that image from the Atari museum link you posted, just below that it is clearly indicated Best Electronics or B & C as sources for those parts so I am not sure why you need to ask.

However, if you are asking because they no longer have stock then do a search for "Card Edge" and "Backplane" connectors, then it is just a case of finding one with the correct number of connections can pitch. I would think the pitch (distance between connectors) is 0.1 inches as that is fairly standard but you might want to measure it to be certain.

Not sure where you would find the cartridge guide by with 3D printers becoming more common I am sure you could get on printed if the dimensions were known.

How did I miss those links? I've emailed both companies and am now negotiating with Best Electronics to work out a price. Shipping rates are killing me.

Again, thanks.

How much is he quoting you for shipping? I've got to make another order from Best this week - I have no problem ordering an extra connector for you and sending it at cost.

How much is he quoting you for shipping? I've got to make another order from Best this week - I have no problem ordering an extra connector for you and sending it at cost.

Shipping was horrible, around $40. If you could help me out like that, that'd be great! I need a cartridge connector and a cartridge guide. How much would that be including shipping if you shipped it?

Edited by chaozz

• 3 weeks later...