IGNORED

Journey Escape Cart

wiseguyusa

It never fails, if I wasn't looking for it I would have 3 of them, but since I want to give one as a gift to someone I can't put my hands on a reasonably priced one.

I will pay $3 or trade 3 Intellivision carts for one loose "Journey Escape" cart.

It costs about $1 to ship that is $2 for a loose common cart, reasonable.

Someone in here is sitting on a couple, help me out!

Also offering 3 for 1 Intellivison carts for TRS CoCo carts.

Also not rare or particularly valuable, just haven't found any.

But I REALLY need a cheap Journey cart fast.

Help a fellow nerd out, it will come around!

Please & Thanks

Shipping with box is likely nearly $3 with paypal shipping discount. $10 shipped offer would likely get you a better response.

Edit: Should have said in a box, not with a box, I didn't mean CIB.

Edited by Yurkie

I just shipped a single Atari cart in a box- first class shipping was $2.67. You'd have to offer more to cover material cost- not everyone has access to free boxes/padded envelopes/bubble wrap.

You should really be offering $6 at a minimum. There's a reason that's the low-end price on Ebay.

You can't ship a cart "media" rate ??? That is like $1.50 tops.

If I am patient I can find one for $1 at Retro Replay eventually.

If I ship out 3 intellivision carts doesn't the shipping offset?

How about wager me a Journey cart that I can't ship you a loose 2600 cart for less than $2.67?

Granted it's been a while since I have shipped a single loose cart, but $2.67 seems steep.

At least you aren't trying to argue the rarity or value of the cart.

No, media mail runs by the pound, so even if it weighs one ounce you are still paying the rate for a pound package which I believe currently is $2.67.

Thanks

You can't ship a cart "media" rate ??? That is like $1.50 tops.

If I am patient I can find one for $1 at Retro Replay eventually.

If I ship out 3 intellivision carts doesn't the shipping offset?

How about wager me a Journey cart that I can't ship you a loose 2600 cart for less than $2.67?

Granted it's been a while since I have shipped a single loose cart, but $2.67 seems steep.

At least you aren't trying to argue the rarity or value of the cart.

But I REALLY need a cheap Journey cart fast.

You can get one on eBay right now for $1.50 + $3.00 shipping. That's only $4.50, not much more than your offer.

(It's not my cart on eBay. I just checked it out to see how much it would cost)

Good luck on your Journey

So by definition thumb drives aren't "media" either, presumably the same goes for SD cards since they are "chips" right?

http://www.stamps.com/whitepapers/media-mail-rate-guide.pdf

Looks like I am late to the party on this rant, there are extensive threads both here and reddit on the subject.

Post Office randomly opened one of my Media Mail packages the other day. I had sent an old computer game on floppy disk from the 80's (was always reassured time and time again that magnetic media of ANY kind qualifies - audio, video, computer games, etc.) when I received this scathing letter explaining that games of ANY kind do not qualify. Enclosed was a letter outlining the kind of things that qualify as Media Mail - and let me tell you, it's extremely limiting. So many obvious things that we or anyone would consider "media" by definition, does not qualify. Been doing a lot more business via FedEx SmartPost since. ;)

What's even more aggravating... mid-way from wherever they decided to open my package, they then asked for postage from my customer to make up the "difference". Was about $8 extra AND they did NOT take into consideration the money I paid in the first place to send from my region. Not to mention the extra week or two it took in dilly-dallying to finally reach its destination. sigh

• 2 months later...

So after all that a fellow Atarian threw in a Journey cart with the Gemini system that I bought from him.

My friend/boss was really excited about the cart, but I was disappointed to learn that he already had a copy, it was just missing a label.

I thought I was so clever when he put a picture of his carts on FB and I didn't see that one among them.

Not exactly a swing and a miss, but not the home run I thought it was going to be.

Will call it a standing double I guess. LOL