IGNORED

Price surge for Intellivision Flashback Overlays?

Rev

When did this happen?

I thought Intellivision Productions was going to make more.

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2017-03-01-11-42-55.png

Way to go Rev and stir it up with another crazy thread! Wow, and you said I was nuts! :)

Anyway to show you how crazy I am, I will trade my......for two sets of these!

Just joking I don't actually don't need anymore. But I am sure they will find a great home.

I have always felt Intellivision Production has done the best they can with basically Keith and his assistant. By the way, I love the Intellivision! :thumbsup:

I got 4 sets but none were the same. One was missing 3 overlays, one was missing 1 and the other were the same. I contacted them and the nice lady said she would send them out the next day. 2 years and 200 emails later they are still missing the overlays. Perhaps I could sell them as special or shrinking or something.

• Like 1

I got 4 sets but none were the same. One was missing 3 overlays, one was missing 1 and the other were the same. I contacted them and the nice lady said she would send them out the next day. 2 years and 200 emails later they are still missing the overlays. Perhaps I could sell them as special or shrinking or something.

don't forget a box for them and bam !!! instant 4 digit profit... ;)

I think i sent a pack to someone as well. But don't remember who.

Hey man, you need a secretary.

You did a contest giveaway for two sets and the winners were Troy_Whelan and ScudHall: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/245165-revs-flashback-overlay-giveaway-contest-2-winners/?p=3357712

I too have always wondered how Intellvision Productions was able to sell those overlays set so cheap.

Had I known that Intellivision overlays for the Flashback would now be going for those high prices, I would have made my own set. Instead I'm currently working on an Atari 5200 Super Overlays™ set.

Every time I try to expand past Intellvision for overlays I always feel the pull back to Intellvision. :)

• Like 1

Time for Keith to make more...maybe I shouldn't have given away a spare set for free to some random podcaster at PRGE ;-)

And thanks again for your generosity, good sir! They were supposed to set aside a few sets for me, but forgot, then sold out.

I don't know the vendor he used, but it was local (here in Los Angeles), not China. And the vendor is the one who screwed up with regard to NOT sending them the same amount of each overlay.

There were also some errors made by the person collating the sets.

Keith told me they want to make more, but don't really want to use this vendor again.

Sent from my Keyboard Component using Jack's Conversational Intelli-talk cassette

• Like 1

And thanks again for your generosity, good sir! They were supposed to set aside a few sets for me, but forgot, then sold out.

I don't know the vendor he used, but it was local (here in Los Angeles), not China. And the vendor is the one who screwed up with regard to NOT sending them the same amount of each overlay.

There were also some errors made by the person collating the sets.

Keith told me they want to make more, but don't really want to use this vendor again.

That clears up a lot about some of the issues many people had with receiving these. Mine came less than a month after ordering them and the only missing overlay was one of the Sub Hunt ones (no biggie) so I was quite surprised to hear about all the difficulties a lot of folks had. All other items I have ordered from Keith's site have arrived without issue as well.

If they ever do find another vendor and release more I hope they use a place that can print them on more original style plastic. Even with the upswing that would cause in price, those would be a huge seller!

I'd like that. Though I suspect I have a playing card box or soap dish that would probably suffice.

It's a idea I've seen kicked around a few times.

I put all the "orphan" ones in with the original game boxes they correspond to and keep the rest as extras in the original zip locking baggies they came in. The only exceptions being World Championship Baseball, which is in my copy alongside the original overlays, and the Chess/Backgammon/Checkers sets which I keep with my Triple Challenge. My thinking is since these were released by the current rights holders for Intellivision, they count as an official release and should be kept with their actual games. Sort of like an update set in baseball/football card releases.

• Like 1