IGNORED

The TRADEMARK for Intellivision Flashback has expired

Rev

This does bring up an interesting question though....since it sounds like Michael from GDG likely won't be making more games for the Inty, who would be able to make an updated Blix?

Just because Good Deal Games said that they would not publish new titles, does not mean that they won't make more copies of Blix.

The rights to Blix were tied up for 3 years by @Games. I believe that will be up soon. They revert back to Good Deal Games. It doesn't mean that you should be encouraging people to pirate the title.

And, to be clear, GDG will be selling more copies.....so 'making an updated Blix' is piracy........

However, I can tell you for a fact that the irrational vitriol that 'Blix' caused, chased Good Deal Games right out of the Intellivision publishing scene. The last we talked about it, Michael has no plans to ever publish anything else for the Intellivision, specifically because of the reaction that it got on Atari Age.

...so which is it?

Uh-oh! If GDG makes more copies of Blix, then the owners of the original 30 will be venting that they've lost money. Quick! Everyone sell your copies to me!

Just because Good Deal Games said that they would not publish new titles, does not mean that they won't make more copies of Blix.

The rights to Blix were tied up for 3 years by @Games. I believe that will be up soon. They revert back to Good Deal Games. It doesn't mean that you should be encouraging people to pirate the title.

• Like 1

Just so we're super clear, I was not at all encouraging or suggesting that someone should make pirated copies of Blix.

I was referring to the fact that it had been well documented that there was a three year period where the rights were held by Atgames and that after that period new copies could be made.

I also know that you had said that since Michael didn't have a great experience selling Inty games he was unlikely to do so again. This led to me musing about who had the rights to do so.

It was most certainly not a call to anyone to go ahead and make pirated copies but more a case of me hoping the "fixed" version would one day get released so that more people would get to add this game to their collection. That was the sole reason for my post.

• Like 8

Uh-oh! If GDG makes more copies of Blix, then the owners of the original 30 will be venting that they've lost money. Quick! Everyone sell your copies to me!

Not in the Intellivision community. The original 30 copies will keep their value and the owners will buy additional copies of the new batch. ;)

• Like 1

Uh-oh! If GDG makes more copies of Blix, then the owners of the original 30 will be venting that they've lost money

And just think of what the 2nd and so on owners would feel !! Considering what they would had paid the original owners for it and so on.

lol Oh Mercy !! The turmoil it would cause or not ?.. ;) lol

Super Pro it and its becomes a variant.. and then alls good in the La La land of homebrews, limited , secret and what ever releases...

Reserve one new for me.. im in.. :)