IGNORED

The TRADEMARK for Intellivision Flashback has expired

Rev

The Intellivision Flashbacks were a good supply of new Intellivision controllers. More important than cartridge slots or sd card support.

Regarding Blix, if someone wants to make more copies they just have to get permission from the rights owner. Don't know if that's the programmer or the guy who sold them.

• Like 3

The kit has been sold out for quite awhile, but if Blix gets reissued as cart only, maybe we could do another run.

attachicon.gifBlix-materials-sm.jpg

Do you actually have a Blix cart or just wanted one to go with your kit?

It's kinda funny that even as the creator of the Blix box, I actually never made one for myself. My Blix manual and overlays live in my Piggy Bank box right now, lol

• Like 2

Do you actually have a Blix cart or just wanted one to go with your kit?

I don't have a Blix cart (or even a full kit anymore). I tried making myself a Blix box with your artwork. It was amateur hour all the way. When I got your Piggy Bank box and saw how nice it is, I decided to take up knitting instead. :)

"A man has got to know his limitations."

• Like 4

Just so we're super clear, I was not at all encouraging or suggesting that someone should make pirated copies of Blix.

I was referring to the fact that it had been well documented that there was a three year period where the rights were held by Atgames and that after that period new copies could be made.

I also know that you had said that since Michael didn't have a great experience selling Inty games he was unlikely to do so again. This led to me musing about who had the rights to do so.

It was most certainly not a call to anyone to go ahead and make pirated copies but more a case of me hoping the "fixed" version would one day get released so that more people would get to add this game to their collection. That was the sole reason for my post.

Thanks for clarifying. I know that Michael wants to definitely fix the sound issue before more copies are sold. The three year period is almost up. People who over paid for the original 30 knew that more copies would be available in 2017. Go back to the Blix thread and re-read the card that was displayed. There is a photo posted.

Blix rights revert to GDG when @Games license expires. That happens some time this year. I don't know exactly when.

How many copies should be made?

I'd say, take a look at the collector scene, see how many people are actually clamoring for it, and make that many copies. Keep in mind that it doesn't seem that it would have been a best seller to begin with. It just turned into a feeding frenzy because.. OMG!! 30 copiesssss!!!!!!!!!111one

-dZ.

I'm thinking 50 should be sufficient....

I don't understand why a publisher should pre-announce the production numbers? By telegraphing the scarcity, it almost guarantees there will be another feeding frenzy.

Why not make sufficient copies, announce there are enough for everyone who wants them, and put them up for sale. People would buy if they want to. If you run out and there is still demand, then make some more if you can or announce termination of sales.

You know, like every real business does.

Announcing "I'm making 50 more... come and get 'em while they're hawt!" will just instigate another collector feeding frenzy. :roll:

-dZ.

• Like 2

I don't understand why a publisher should pre-announce the production numbers? By telegraphing the scarcity, it almost guarantees there will be another feeding frenzy.

Why not make sufficient copies, announce there are enough for everyone who wants them, and put them up for sale. People would buy if they want to. If you run out and there is still demand, then make some more if you can or announce termination of sales.

Announcing "I'm making 50 more... come and get 'em while they're hawt!" will just instigate another collector feeding frenzy. :roll:

-dZ.

Careful DZ,

This makes to much sense !!! It could cause

a momentary lapse of reason among the insanity

around here. :) ????

• Like 1

50 is just one person's estimate of how many would sell.

Of course, but hacking the original to add stuff is a violation of copyright.

Anyone has the right to hack a game to fix bugs. Distributing that hacked game isn't right and would be piracy. Ideally sharing a seperate patch file seems reasonable. Of course you can't patch a cartridge.

-dZ.

I think that this is a bit disingenuous to imply that there is something underhanded going on with my suggestion that 50 would be sufficient, after you had just said that "it doesn't seem that it would have been a best seller to begin with". I agreed and suggested 50 might be sufficient. I was hoping for some genuine feedback and not some implication that making 50 copies of a marginal game at best, is somehow unscrupulous.

I asked a simple question. 'How many copies should be made?'

I wish you would drop this bullshit. It really irks me and only confirms my opinion of you, when you take any opportunity to twist what I say into some accusation of improper conduct. I try to be civil to you, but really, I've had enough of you and this has been said many times by other people.....how about you just stop responding to my posts?

• Like 1