coope1999

Vertical screen ghosting

Hi

I know the lynx screen usually has ghosting when you see bright against black but when playing my spare lynx 2 yesterday I noticed after an hour play that in the space of half a second the ghosting became really bad. Please see photos. 1 photo of the ghosting and the other of my other lynx 2 that works fine.

Any ideas?

Coopepost-51209-0-51034300-1488617093_thumb.jpgpost-51209-0-48383500-1488617127_thumb.jpg

Old LCD technology has horrid ghosting. Some revision seemed worse than other. Game Gear also suffered from this.

If it bothers you and you have about $150 in your pocket waiting, consider McWill replacement LCD. It'd look perfect like emulator screen.

Thanks for the reply but I'm not sure you get what I mean. The ghosting got much worse whilst I was playing. I'm trying to figure out why.

It's age and quality of screens back in the day is bad. Why? No one will really never know. It just is what it is.

Don't LCDs have liquid in them? Maybe the liquid interacts differently when it gets hot and you get the ghosting. I'm just making things up here but it sounds plausible :grin:

Don't LCDs have liquid in them? Maybe the liquid interacts differently when it gets hot and you get the ghosting. I'm just making things up here but it sounds plausible :grin:

Take a guess where the L in LCD stands for...... :D

• Like 1

I recapped my MK1 lynx and this improved the ghosting to a point its hardly noticeable unless you actively look for it. Before the Re-cap it was very noticeable even on a busy screen.

Just to conclude this thread... I got the mcwill mod done on my other lynx and then put the old screen into the one that had the ghosting issue and now it's perfect. So it looks like it was the screen and not the caps or anything else.

• Like 2