IGNORED

Hey everybody. I am a new member who is in the process of rediscovering Intellivision. My wife gave me an Intellivision Flashback for Christmas, and I was hooked (again). After lurking here awhile, I decided to send my Flashback to Byte Knight for his amazing upgrade service (review upcoming in the appropriate thread). Now I am really hooked!

I look forward to learning more about the current state of the Intellivision world and seeing whether I can challenge some of the high scores. Some of my favorite games are Auto Racing, Tron Deadly Discs, AD&D, Swords and Serpents, and Dragonfire.

• Like 12

Welcome! Always good to see lurkers join in the discussion. We could definitely use more participation/interest in playing for high scores. If you haven't already, I'd recommend checking out the HSC thread, the annual Christmas Carol competition, and the various leagues (Bowling, Skiing, Frog Bog, etc).

I guess it's time for the traditional welcome... I'll get the candle wax and salad tongs. Someone remember to bring the used motor oil and don't forget the Menudo 8 track!

Nah it's not really that bad here. Just getting you ready for all the Rev and c-mart conversations you're going to read :lolblue:

• Like 1

I guess it's time for the traditional welcome... I'll get the candle wax and salad tongs. Someone remember to bring the used motor oil and don't forget the Menudo 8 track!

Nah it's not really that bad here. Just getting you ready for all the Rev and c-mart conversations you're going to read :lolblue:

Excellent. I see we're going with greeting program #3. I always like when we go back to our roots.

• Like 1

Hi and welcome. You'll get more Intellivision exposure here than anywhere else. Don't let the rogues of the forum get to you. They can be brutal.

And, I like your avatar.

HJ

I always liked Deathlok for some reason. (My wife the psychologist would probably have something to say about that.)

I was thinking of something more along the lines of Kay Pike as Tron. You guys have the connections to swing that, right?

I was thinking of something more along the lines of Kay Pike as Tron. You guys have the connections to swing that, right?

Sorry, no, that gets the lawyers involved, it's really a big mess. We can do Nort though, absolutely no similarity whatsoever.

Edited by gunoz

Welcome to the forum. There is a lot of great information here about the Intellivision. Common topics include: announcements of brand new homebrew games, interesting items for sale on eBay, occasional contests between folks playing games at home (ex: Frog Bog League), talking about old and unreleased games and ads, and more. There is a sub-forum for programmers if you feel like learning how to write your own games. One last resource I'll mention is that there is a "Marketplace" forum elsewhere on AtariAge.com where members post their items for sale (many different game consoles there, including Intellivision).

I'll mention that you should consider getting the LTO Flash, which is a multi-cart you can download many game ROMs into and then play on real Intellivision hardware. If you only buy 1 modern piece of hardware for the Intellivision then buy that one.

Excellent. I see we're going with greeting program #3. I always like when we go back to our roots.

I never got program #3. I still wake up in night sweats from the program #4 I received.

• Like 2

I will say this much: When I was but a wee lad I used to make fun of those who had the Intellivison. I was wrong. i was so vERY wrong. The Inty would have been the right system for a nerdy brat like me.

Here, one of our official theme songs:

Great song. I was actually old enough to buy my own Intellivision. None of my friends had one, but I enjoyed playing it so much that I didn't care. I could always go to the arcade to play games with friends.