IGNORED

Zelda Breath of the Wild - Advice/Help thread

Tanooki

That's one of the nastier ones, at least to me the area in general was. That run up to the water area was a pain in the ass with all the one hit shock death kills. I've been for awhile now considering playing the game again but I hate I can't retain my save so it's a put off as I let other games get in the way. As soon as you feel you can manage to scrape by, try and go in the back door of the castle and you may just get lucky and snap up the best shield in the game which would be a solid help now.

I think I did the water guardian last, kind of a bad move considering you get that healing perk. I found really though the high jump/flight trick and shield trick you can pick up the most useful, especially if some puzzles confuse or you're not the perfect timing wizard when it comes to third person combat.

The water temple grants healing when you fail. I would get the bird flight ability first from Ravali. It is a great aid in mounting over obstacles. The Elephant area is raining nonstop so climbing is futile until after you beat the water temple.

Ironically I headed for the Desert first in the game but finished it last because the Yiga Clan hideout was scary.

Completing the desert camel awards Obursa's Fury, and the Volcanoe awards Daruk's Protection.

The water path is loaded with electric enemies which not only shock you but make you drop all your weapons. Definitely stock loads of arrows and wood or bone spear weapons to attack electric enemies without taking damage. If you strike with a sword or defend with a metal shield, you will get shocked.

My recommended order is probably Bird/wind, Camel/desert, Elephant/water, Lizard/Volcanoe. definitely do the bird town first as it's the easiest temple and a very useful skill.

• Like 1

oh awesome! when i pick up my game later today i'll start heading towards the Bird one.

Once you make it off the plataeu, head for Karikoki Villiage first and speak to the old lady Impa. She'll open the paths to the beasts on your Shieka Slate. Or you can just skip everything and head straight for Ganon right away, but is a suicide mission.

• Like 1

I sent a reply on my phone, but I think i managed to mess it up.

I ended up doing Elephant first because apparently I'm a glutton for punishment- I was going towards a shrine when Prince Sidon is all like 'hey, you need to come to the Zora Kingdom' and i was like 'ok', lol. I sidestepped the electric baddies for the most part with potions and running like a maniac past them. I was not real thrilled with the puzzles in the elephant, but I did eventually manage them. I also ended up finishing out the Zora set while I was messing around up there after the Elephant.

I have seven hearts (I think?) now and 2 stamina upgrades- i was dorking around in Akkala yesterday and got a couple of shrines, the stuff with the lab done and that PITA tower unlocked. I also managed to find the Korok woods since I wanted to trade in my seeds. I also have been taking pictures as I remember to for the compendium and have unlocked a few of the memories :)

My son is doing the camel I think on his copy so I'm wanting to go in a different direction- can't wait to start making my way down to the Bird! He's so funny with his playstyle- he beat the Guardian by the research center, but couldn't manage to carry the blue flame to the furnace ;) there was no way I could beat the Guardian so I just carried the blue flame and hauled Link butt around the cliff edges up.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's been a lot of fun. I took some of the stupid stuff I did in the first playthrough and modified how I tackle different situations- I like how a lot of the problems/puzzles in the game can be solved with multiple solutions.

One thing I think that helped SIGNIFICANTLY was to grab 2 stamina upgrades right off the bat, then the hearts for your Master Sword. The beasts are 'easy mode' imo once you are buffed up a bit.

I currently just have the Camel and Ganon to go for finishing the game.

good luck! i'm overwhelmed by the sheer amount of content, so i'm not sure i'll ever 100% the game- the pursuit of perfection is the enemy of 'good enough', lol

True, good enough is usually what I go for. I’m usually not interested in 100% of anything, especially video games. This game is so vast and is known for being hard to get 100% of everything I thought it might be fun to take a few months and see if I can get close without a guide. Then when I can’t find those last few shrines or Korok seeds use the guide.

One of my little niggles with this game is the lack of touchscreen support on the inventory screen. Have they fixed this yet?

No, and it won't be. While it was designed for Wii U, it was used as a Switch launch game, so that feature was removed.

You just have to deal with the "look at the main screen" message taunting you as you play.

• Like 1

I should note that Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD make perfect use of the touchscreen.

It makes the absence in Breath of the Wild all the more infuriating, especially since the first thing you do in the game is receive a literal Wii U tablet.

Yeah it’s really a strange miss. I just restarted the game today and it’s not a huge deal. It’s seems like it could easily be patched. It’s not that noticeable when your playing with a pro controller. It really is an inspiring game. I forgot how vague you can be with your responses, even from the very beginning. I’m really excited to take this play through slow and methodical. I’ve almost got myself talked into going without any amiibo this time(well nfc cards anyway). I used to have all of the amiibo, but I sold them for a tidy profit back when the prices where ludicrous.

• Like 1

well- it was when i checked the completed auctions on eBay a week or so ago. :)

I just finished my last Divine Beast last night- the camel. I think maybe it was just how i did it, but that was the biggest pain in the butt dungeon i've done up to this point.

it was a little hard for me to stay on the sand seal and shoot the bomb arrows, and then when i got inside getting that second terminal was awful! my wife watched me 'get in the hole and ride to the top' like 15 times before i got that second terminal.

Edited by digdugnate

I’m not sure why they added so much Amiibo support to this game besides the obvious idea of money. Maybe it’s supposed to act like a difficulty modifier? I think it’s a fun thing to have in the game, but it almost breaks the game in some ways.

There must be something in the water around here, because I also started playing BOTW again after taking nearly a year off. :D

I am playing through the camel divine beast now. The boss keeps kicking my rear end. I ended up giving up and will go scrounge for more food/heart containers/better armor, because a single hit wipes my health out. It's still a great game.

• Like 1

There must be something in the water around here, because I also started playing BOTW again after taking nearly a year off. :D

I am playing through the camel divine beast now. The boss keeps kicking my rear end. I ended up giving up and will go scrounge for more food/heart containers/better armor, because a single hit wipes my health out. It's still a great game.

i absolutely hated the puzzles in that one, lol.

what helped me for the boss is to have the Master Sword already plus Mipha's Grace for the rez if you're clumsy like me. i did alright up to the part where the boss throws those lightning pillar things- you have to use magnesis i think to pick em up and place them next to the boss to stun him.

i absolutely hated the puzzles in that one, lol.

what helped me for the boss is to have the Master Sword already plus Mipha's Grace for the rez if you're clumsy like me. i did alright up to the part where the boss throws those lightning pillar things- you have to use magnesis i think to pick em up and place them next to the boss to stun him.

Yeah, I can't even get that far. He zaps me with the lightning orbs which makes me drop my weapon. Then, I end up getting murdered while I fumble around for it. Sounds like I need to get better equipment and revisit this one.