IGNORED

Will Zelda Breath of the Wild be the last Wii U game released?

Rev

• 6 months later...

Wii U will see at least one retail release in 2018, courtesy of Ubisoft.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/06/ubisoft_confirms_just_dance_2019_for_nintendo_switch_wii_u_and_wii

I heard something recently about an unreleased but finished party game or something of the sort from Ubisoft. While I'm sure it's no hidden gem, it would be nice to see that work from those people be released here on the Just Dance 2019 disc as a bonus feature.

Edited by Atariboy

The Wii is still popular in kids day care (and elder care) centers. Just Dance is just enough to keep it fresh. I'm sure it's using the same engine they've had for the the last 5+ years. I might get the XB360 Kinect version, which I assume they're making if they're doing a Wii version.

• Like 1

Holy crap, for the Wii too? Even small kids aren't using the Wii anymore. I wonder why they're bothering other than it must be really cheap to port it.

Just Dance still sells more copies on the original Wii than any other platform.

My daughter prefers to play it on Wii even though we have a PS4. I guess the Wiimotes work better than the PS camera for movement tracking.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just Dance still sells more copies on the original Wii than any other platform.

My daughter prefers to play it on Wii even though we have a PS4. I guess the Wiimotes work better than the PS camera for movement tracking.

The Wiimotes definitely don't work "better" than the Move controllers, but that doesn't mean the Wii version isn't more "fun" due to it's more forgiving scoring system.

My Grandmother's retirement home still has "bowling leagues" every week with their Wii system. It wouldn't surprise me if some of them are playing Just Dance games as well.

• Like 3

They gave up on retail quite a while back thanks to disinterest from companies like Wal-Mart in non-casual Wii U releases. So it sounds like if this did happen, it will be a more specialty release with a small print run for collectors and diehard Wii U fans.

The only hold up I can think of that might be preventing this if they're genuinely serious about following through, is perhaps they're lobbying Nintendo to lower the size of a minimum print run or perhaps are even trying to get region locking lifted for it so that one print run can be sold throughout the west (They did take orders for Europe which remain unfulfilled)?

I could see selling even 5,000 copies of this without losing their shirt in the US/Canada, but if they're stuck with something like 25,000 for a minimum print run, I can't see it happening. Even 10,000 sounds awfully high to me compared to the numbers you see a higher quality release accomplish from publishers like Limited Run Games in the videogame world or Twilight Time in the Blu-Ray game.

Edited by Atariboy