IGNORED

Project Prometheus (a new ColecoVision compatible console)

opcode

I would love to see Peter PackRat, I, Robot, and Major Havoc. Awesome games of that era that really didn't have home releases

And Blaster.

I imagined Prometheus would ship with DKA, like the original shipped with DK -- and DKA could be free for those with SGMs that don't buy Prometheus -- free, as in a reduced price to cover cost of materials and shipping.

And Blaster.

I imagined Prometheus would ship with DKA, like the original shipped with DK -- and DKA could be free for those with SGMs that don't buy Prometheus -- free, as in a reduced price to cover cost of materials and shipping.

Not sure if I follow the logic. But anyways, DKA is a SGM title. We have plenty of games to chose form for Prometheus. :)

For exemplo; I believe Zaxxon would be a more appropriated title to showcase Prometheus power.

• Like 1

Not sure if I follow the logic. But anyways, DKA is a SGM title. We have plenty of games to chose form for Prometheus. :)

For exemplo; I believe Zaxxon would be a more appropriated title to showcase Prometheus power.

Zaxxon would be great, but why stop there? How about Super Zaxxon and Future Spy? That would be awesome!

• Like 1

We want to stay as true as possible of something available during the late 80s. While we understand HDMI is a practical must, other technologies may be too much and cost prohibitive.

The Atari 2600 had wireless controllers in '83 for crying out loud

http://atariage.com/controller_page.php?SystemID=2600&ControllerID=27

As far as using classic games, these would be my picks:

-Bubble Bobble

-Double Dragon

-Doom (Most Wanted)

-Pitfall Collection (Pitfall, Pitfall II)

Maybe you could make special editions of those or something. As to new/homebrew games, I would suggest getting some games from the makers of the AVS. If you're looking to expand and include your own Prometheus exclusives, why don't you release the code format or a compiler and hold a contest? Maybe the winner could get a prize of a sort, and game and its properties would become yours, and you could sell them alongside the Prometheus as launch titles. Letting wanna-be developers know the type of code is essential.

UPDATE:
Also, with the hardware, I would like it best if there were 2 main controller types: Keyboard and Pro. The Keyboard would be similar to the ColecoVision controller, but with higher quality. The Pro would be a D-Pad with 6 face buttons and 2 triggers. This would allow for developer flexibility and ease of porting. For hardware, I would include 4 controller ports, HDMI support, and all the typical things. Maybe you could create an online modem later??? That would DEFINITELY be interesting.

Edited by GemWare Games

I would think Doom would showcase more power. Also, to add diversity, maybe a launch title like Ultima VII: Black Gate would draw different types of customers. Also, what type of audience are you targeting??? (Ex. teens, adults, retro, non-gamer, etc.)

Also, I don't think the Prometheus should ship with any form of Donkey Kong content. The Prometheus is backward compatible with the ColecoVision, but it should be branded as its own console. I think there should be three different bundles; a Fighter Bundle, which includes Double Dragon, a RPG Bundle, which includes Ultima or something of the like, and a FPS Bundle, which includes Doom or something like that. There should at least be 2 different bundles for diversification.

• Like 1