IGNORED

Project Prometheus (a new ColecoVision compatible console)

opcode

I wonder if the pcb could fit into a case as small as PCEngine? Might be cheaper to produce than using a bigger shell. I've always liked the SuperGrafx case perhaps a cartridge opening could be added?

Nooooo...

Please don't destroy those wonderful little PCe consoles. One of the greatest underappreciated system from 4th generation, not trying to tread on Coleco fans but destroying these great little wonders would be a crime IMO... :sad:

I may pick up a Coregrafx at some point to complement my US Turbografx system. I already own numerous PC Engine cards, playable through an adapter on the US system.

• Like 2

Nooooo...

Please don't destroy those wonderful little PCe consoles. One of the greatest underappreciated system from 4th generation, not trying to tread on Coleco fans but destroying these great little wonders would be a crime IMO... :sad:

I may pick up a Coregrafx at some point to complement my US Turbografx system. I already own numerous PC Engine cards, playable through an adapter on the US system.

I think the plan is for new case not used ones.

don't be an ....., troll someone else

idiot? :dunce:

I only meant as a joke, not an insult. I do feel we shouldn't be trying to harvest the shells from old consoles though. Modding or upgrading vintage tech is one thing, gutting them is another. I think a PCe size and form factor would be sexy though. :)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Well, I think I can relate to this and I completely understand the way Eduardo is handling projects

When you're announcing a project, it usually get you motivated, for awhile

Peoples interacting with you gives the motivation, ideas etc..

But after a couples of days/weeks, the motivation started to fade away

Then your mind is somewhere else, say on another project....

You then spend your time working on something else maybe just because you're feeling more close to another project

I'm one of those guys who can work on multiple projects at the same time

Problem of course is you're slowing down all your other project

But at least, you're feeling comfortable working on something else

I can't speak for Eduardo, but I must have like 10-15 projects in the air

Some are closer to be completed, some are just waiting to be completed

It's hard to combine, wife, familly, friends, real life job with doing homebrew stuff

Be patient, this is all a labor of love

Peace

J-F

Edited by retroillucid
  • Like 7

It's hard to combine, wife, familly, friends, real life job with doing homebrew stuff

Be patient, this is all a labor of love

THIS! 100% THIS!!! As JF said, let's not forget that these homebrew publishers are doing all this work in their "spare time" on top of every-day life stuff. They are also doing it for little to no money to keep a small group of video game fans for a system that hasn't seen a retail shelf in 30+ years happy. I keep reminding myself over and over again how overjoyed I was when I found this community just a few short years ago and discovered that all these awesome people were still making games for my favorite system I grew up with! I will never forget the day I discovered all of this, never forget the first homebrew I got in the mail, and I will constantly give my support and respect to everyone in this community keeping all those classic systems alive. And on top of my support & respect you also have my patience, which IMO is probably worth more than money in this hobby as without all of the people making cool things, this community wouldn't exist.

And for that I thank all of you.

• Like 2

I admit that I was harsh in saying that Grazi's move to the US will not make any difference in Opcode Games' operations. I can't know that for sure. For all I know, she may make a big difference, and I hope she does.

But I have to stand by my main argument: Prometheus is big, and will be hard to bring into the homes of retro-gamers. I have no doubt Eduardo can make a working prototype, but that's only the first step, and it's with the rest of the process (between prototyping and creating the final product in relatively large quantities) that I have doubts.

Are you ready to prove me wrong, Eduardo? :twisted:

But I have to stand by my main argument: Prometheus is big, and will be hard to bring into the homes of retro-gamers. I have no doubt Eduardo can make a working prototype, but that's only the first step, and it's with the rest of the process (between prototyping and promecreating the final product in relatively large quantities) that I have doubts.

Are you ready to prove me wrong, Eduardo? :twisted:

Who knows, maybe Opcode will team up with another team/company to help them manufacturing the Prometheus

That is of course speculation, but that something they could consider for that size of project

Lets get back to enjoying the games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O65B9sdGBNw

Luigi! Had no idea you could play as Luigi in Donkey Kong - was that ever an option or just something Eduardo added?

I hope that feature makes it to the final release, my Son's gonna sh*t himself (he's a Nintendo nut already, and Luigi is his boy, more so than Mario!).

Man this game needs to come out already, 2018 Ed, please? As Rob Schneider would say in any Adam Sandler film "You can do it!"

Luigi! Had no idea you could play as Luigi in Donkey Kong - was that ever an option or just something Eduardo added?

I hope that feature makes it to the final release, my Son's gonna sh*t himself (he's a Nintendo nut already, and Luigi is his boy, more so than Mario!).

Man this game needs to come out already, 2018 Ed, please? As Rob Schneider would say in any Adam Sandler film "You can do it!"

Working on that, a complete design overhaul to make it even closer to the arcade, something I came up while traveling back from Brazil last year

• Like 1

Eddie hasn't put out anything other than promises and snake oil in ages...

Here is everything that Opcode Games has sent me in the past 12 months...

opcode games.jpg

So why don't you please STFU if you don't have anything productive to add to this discussion. Thank you.

• Like 3

Here is everything that Opcode Games has sent me in the past 12 months...

So why don't you please STFU if you don't have anything productive to add to this discussion. Thank you.

Don't mean to piss you or opcode off, but in that picture aren't they all MSX (and/or possibly SG1000) ports?

(mind you I understand they don't port themselves just that the atarilovesyou mentioned original new games)

Just asking, those 23 boxes are an impressive production I reckon plus the SGM (I couldn't wait to be on the 4th run so I caved and turned to the darkside, if it wasn't for the recent "free" Xmas gifts I would still just use it with the test program).

As I said in another post I'm a hypocrite when it comes to these things, and even if it was just 20US$ a pop I couldn't spend 23*20=460 on "old" games, but that's just me, I'm honestly glad you can afford it and support the effort of having new games either ported or created for the platform.

But what has any of this got to do with Prometheus?

I thought the hardware was pretty much locked down to an unused chipset from the '80 which promised to be fairly advanced for its time .... now if the project goes apeshit I still would like to know what chipset was that? (I do have a soft spot for hardware)

Don't mean to piss you or opcode off, but in that picture aren't they all MSX (and/or possibly SG1000) ports?

(mind you I understand they don't port themselves just that the atarilovesyou mentioned original new games)

Just asking, those 23 boxes are an impressive production I reckon plus the SGM (I couldn't wait to be on the 4th run so I caved and turned to the darkside, if it wasn't for the recent "free" Xmas gifts I would still just use it with the test program).

As I said in another post I'm a hypocrite when it comes to these things, and even if it was just 20US$ a pop I couldn't spend 23*20=460 on "old" games, but that's just me, I'm honestly glad you can afford it and support the effort of having new games either ported or created for the platform.

But what has any of this got to do with Prometheus?

I thought the hardware was pretty much locked down to an unused chipset from the '80 which promised to be fairly advanced for its time .... now if the project goes apeshit I still would like to know what chipset was that? (I do have a soft spot for hardware)

Just want to add, porting is not an easy task. I have ported more than 10 games from other systems to ColecoVision, and especially what Opcode is doing now, porting large games like Penguin Adventure and Nemesis (Gradius). I only ported games 32k or less :)

I am far from perfect, pretty aware of that. Constructive criticism is as much welcome as compliments. As for other publishers, I don't remember going to your threads to make you look bad and advertise my wares. I have great proud that I am the one programming and publishing my own stuff, which is I believe what homebrewing is all about.

As for the usual trolls that only come here when things get nasty, my suggestion is to not waste your time. Especially when you come spreading lies and complaining about services you never used.