IGNORED

Project Prometheus (a new ColecoVision compatible console)

opcode

I really don't want this thread to be locked. Please don't let it come to that.

And yet, I feel responsible.

We don't need to lock threads, we moderate.

And no worries, the only reason I didn't answer your question the first time around was because I don't have anything ready yet. And as you can see, I have to be more cautious with whatever I say here so I don't feed the haters. Other than that, I am back to work, some stuff should happen this year.

• Like 1

As for other publishers, I don't remember going to your threads to make you look bad and advertise my wares.

If you want to do just that, I would have no problem with it. I can take criticism, and unlike you, I don't mind info about other publishers' games being disclosed in the threads I start. If Opcode, CollectorVision or any other homebrewer wants to step in and advertise their games in "my" forum threads, I really don't mind it as long as it's relatively on-topic, because I don't feel I own the threads I start. Forum threads are "public creatures" and you never know in what direction they're going to go. Case in point: TPR started an informal poll completely out of the blue in my latest Team Pixelboy News Bulletin, and I really don't mind it at all. :)

• Like 1

I'm willing to chill a very long time for a quality product.

Compare the quality differences between the Adam version of Super Donkey Kong with what Opcode has prototyped to see what the hardware is capable of, versus what was released under a high-pressure profit-minded development environment. I propose that the early CV titles, high quality as they are, could have supported even more interesting features to more closely align with their arcade counterparts had the developers had more time. What these early developers produced is super impressive -- I wish the recent Coleco book had found and talked to more of these early developers and had more information on that development environment.

Right now it's the time of year when North American people are holed up inside and start thinking about these things, as well as the commencement of cabin-fever induced crankiness.

For my part, I apologize to Eduardo for my late night rant. I'm still stuck in the past about how the initial runs of the SGM went, but that's in the past. Rather than continue any needless arguments, I'd like to apologize. There's nothing to be gained from this kind of discourse, and there are other means for arguments to be settled (and let's be honest, none of this is worth arguing about in the grand scheme). Albert wouldn't put your products in the official AA store if he didn't trust you, and that speaks volumes. Pixelboy, you also do great work and it wasn't my intention to piss you off (same goes for any collectors like TPR who are very active in the CV community). Have a great week and a happy new year, everyone.

• Like 7

If you want to do just that, I would have no problem with it. I can take criticism, and unlike you, I don't mind info about other publishers' games being disclosed in the threads I start. If Opcode, CollectorVision or any other homebrewer wants to step in and advertise their games in "my" forum threads, I really don't mind it as long as it's relatively on-topic, because I don't feel I own the threads I start. Forum threads are "public creatures" and you never know in what direction they're going to go. Case in point: TPR started an informal poll completely out of the blue in my latest Team Pixelboy News Bulletin, and I really don't mind it at all. :)

Sure. First you make this long post on how opcode sucks, then you promote yours games. Very convenient. I will do the same, let’s see how much you don’t mind after that. And my list of things Pixelboy sucks at is quite extensive. But of course I am more ethical than that, I refrain of commenting on others work, as I don’t find appropriated being a developer/publisher myself.

And TPR’s always constructive posts are a long way from your Opcode sucks post from yesterday, so I suggest you don’t even try to compare. Again, I will assume you are just frustrated about yourself.

Don't mean to piss you or opcode off, but in that picture aren't they all MSX (and/or possibly SG1000) ports?

Why is that even an issue? When someone is choosing to spend their spare time making games for a system that I have not been able to walk into a store, pick up a new game off the shelf, pay for it and take it home and play it since 1984, I'm not going to be picky nor am I going to complain about what they choose to release for that system.

Everyone here has the choice to support or not support these people who, IMO, are doing the lords work (and I don't even believe in the lord) by bringing us new games for the ColecoVision. And I don't give a rats ass if some of you want to complain about if they are actually "new" or not, or if they are ports or whatever, what is important is that these games are NEW TO ME and I love everything about them: The work that has gone into the beautiful packaging, the time spent building the games, the talent needed to program the game regardless if it is a port or an original, and most importantly the fact that I can hold the cartridge in my hand, plug into the ColecoVision just like it was 1982 all over again, turn on the system and play a fun and awesome game!

Why is that so incredibly hard for some people to relate to? If you cannot relate to that, please, PLEASE I BEG YOU, go seek therapy because you are doing life completely wrong if you can't understand why that is fun and you choose to complain about people making video games for the rest of us to enjoy.

And if anyone here thinks that making disparaging comments towards someone is going to get them to change the product they made or make a product happen faster, you are so, so VERY wrong. That's NOT the kind of encouragement that gets things done faster or better. So if you honestly believe that coming into one of Eduardo's threads and berating him is going to result in positive results, again... seriously, seek therapy. You really, REALLY need it.

• Like 3

For my part, I apologize to Eduardo for my late night rant. I'm still stuck in the past about how the initial runs of the SGM went, but that's in the past. Rather than continue any needless arguments, I'd like to apologize. There's nothing to be gained from this kind of discourse, and there are other means for arguments to be settled (and let's be honest, none of this is worth arguing about in the grand scheme). Albert wouldn't put your products in the official AA store if he didn't trust you, and that speaks volumes. Pixelboy, you also do great work and it wasn't my intention to piss you off (same goes for any collectors like TPR who are very active in the CV community). Have a great week and a happy new year, everyone.

Now that is very nice of you! Yes, I admit the second run was a complete train wreck etc. Since then I have worked hard to improve things.

No bad blood. A very happy new year to you and your family, sir! :)

• Like 6

Don't mean to piss you or opcode off, but in that picture aren't they all MSX (and/or possibly SG1000) ports?

(mind you I understand they don't port themselves just that the atarilovesyou mentioned original new games)

As I said in another post I'm a hypocrite when it comes to these things, and even if it was just 20US$ a pop I couldn't spend 23*20=460 on "old" games, but that's just me, I'm honestly glad you can afford it and support the effort of having new games either ported or created for the platform.

Why is that even an issue? ....

Why is that so incredibly hard for some people to relate to? If you cannot relate to that, please, PLEASE I BEG YOU, go seek therapy because you are doing life completely wrong if you can't understand why that is fun and you choose to complain about people making video games for the rest of us to enjoy.

So if you honestly believe that coming into one of Eduardo's threads and berating him is going to result in positive results, again... seriously, seek therapy. You really, REALLY need it.

Why are you getting so mad?

You could have quoted the second sentence as well given that my statement was in relation to that.

My comments on admiring you for the support you are giving by purchasing all these homebrews are genuine and not sarcastic.

Opcode does and will do whatever Opcode wants and will want to do, no doubts about it.

My curiosity about the '80 chipset he mentioned he plans (or planned at one time) to use for the Prometheus is also very genuine.

Not sure what to make about the "therapy" recommendation .... but I was not complaining or berating.

The 2 parties have already made good so it's not important at all.

Maybe one day we'll see eye to eye, and you won't take everything as an attack to your beloved hobby, maybe not, in the meantime Happy Holidays (for real man, I mean it)

• Like 3

Why are you getting so mad? I was not complaining or berating.

Because it comes up over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again...

Not just from you but from other people as well and my response was not directed exclusively at you.

I will never understand so much complaining in a hobby that's core reason for existing is enjoyment and fun. I'm sorry, I just cannot wrap my head around all the bitching and groaning and I would just like to see more of that negativity turned into appreciation. I dunno, maybe it's my background having a better understanding of just how much hard work it is for what these guys are doing, and I'm constantly impressed that they continue to do it in their spare time even with all the complaining.

I would have given up a long time ago and moved on to greener, more friendlier pastures, and because they stick with it, they have my respect.

• Like 3

IMO, home brewers are the lifeblood keeping old consoles like the ColecoVision and the Intellivision alive and well. However, I would like to see an update regarding Project Prometheus, especially when CollectorVision has a console in development as well. That being said, I think the OpCode is doing a great job (overall) and deserves some benefit of the doubt. None of us are perfect, and I am sure that OpCode would admit mistakes have been made in the past. What is most important is acknowledging those mistakes, addressing them, and moving forward in a positive, proactive manner. No sense in people getting all riled up, especially when the sustainability of consoles like the ColecoVision have to have people like OpCode keeping the fire(s) burning for it.

• Like 1

Sure. First you make this long post on how opcode sucks, then you promote yours games. Very convenient. I will do the same, lets see how much you dont mind after that.

Opcode sucks? Really? I said that? I would retype what I said yesterday but that would just get deleted by a moderator again.

And my list of things Pixelboy sucks at is quite extensive.

Oh, I would LOVE to read your extensive list of grievances. Send me a PM! Come on!!!

But of course I am more ethical than that, I refrain of commenting on others work, as I dont find appropriated being a developer/publisher myself.

You've had something bad to say about just about everyone in this hobby over the years, and I'm not surprised in the slightest that I made your list.

And TPRs always constructive posts are a long way from your Opcode sucks post from yesterday, so I suggest you dont even try to compare. Again, I will assume you are just frustrated about yourself.

I went a bit far with my post yesterday, that I will definitely admit. But I'm not frustrated about myself (whatever that means) and ironically enough, I'm not all that frustrated with you personally. I'm frustrated with ColecoVision fans hoping for things that I believe have very little chance of happening. That's what set me off yesterday, initially.

I'm frustrated with ColecoVision fans hoping for things that I believe have very little chance of happening.

Ambitious projects and taking risks keeps things alive and moving forward. The same could be said for ColecoVision's initial release in 1982 when everyone thought another console entering the market had no chance.

While I can certainly understand a level of doubt with any major project from a small team, correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Eduardo still the only homebrewer in the ColecoVision community to successfully release a new piece of system hardware that has proven to be quite a cornerstone in this homebrew scene?

When I see so many other console projects that have come to light over the recent years: Analog Mini NT, The AVS system, the many Retron clones, and sure, maybe those projects had bigger teams and more money backing them (some of them) but I also don't think Eduardo is looking to have a system that will be shipping to big box retailers either.

There are three, maybe four, "new console" ColecoVision projects that I've seen pop up over the years and I'm hopeful that at least one of them makes it. Honestly "hope" is what keeps me going. At a point in time when I assumed the ColecoVision was a dead and gone platform and I found that many people were making literally a hundred new products for my dead system, I was psyched and overjoyed! So if there ends up being another 100 announced projects and even if only FIVE of them ever came to fruition, guess what? I'm STILL happy because the alternative is getting NOTHING and I'd rather have hope, ambition, and the potential of new games or hardware than have nothing.

And I thank ALL of the homebrew developers for giving me that hope.

• Like 3

Opcode sucks? Really? I said that? I would retype what I said yesterday but that would just get deleted by a moderator again.

Oh, I would LOVE to read your extensive list of grievances. Send me a PM! Come on!!!

You've had something bad to say about just about everyone in this hobby over the years, and I'm not surprised in the slightest that I made your list.

I went a bit far with my post yesterday, that I will definitely admit. But I'm not frustrated about myself (whatever that means) and ironically enough, I'm not all that frustrated with you personally. I'm frustrated with ColecoVision fans hoping for things that I believe have very little chance of happening. That's what set me off yesterday, initially.

You may think so, but you are NOT Opcode's spokesperson, so Opcode's business is none of your business, don't get frustrated over my stuff. Go get frustrated over people still waiting for things they paid you for but are still waiting. As a good friend uses to say, people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones....

You may think so, but you are NOT Opcode's spokesperson, so Opcode's business is none of your business, don't get frustrated over my stuff. Go get frustrated over people still waiting for things they paid you for but are still waiting. As a good friend uses to say, people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones....

I'm just waiting for that last lot of budget boxes, and the extra PCBs I need to make the rest of the carts and honor all the current pre-orders. If I hadn't put my projects aside to devote myself to the budget series, the games people are still currently waiting for would be in their hands by now. Of course, that's a detail you're conveniently overlooking.

I'm just waiting for that last lot of budget boxes, and the extra PCBs I need to make the rest of the carts and honor all the current pre-orders. If I hadn't put my projects aside to devote myself to the budget series, the games people are still currently waiting for would be in their hands by now. Of course, that's a detail you're conveniently overlooking.

People are still waiting. Go take care of your business...

Posted Today, 3:36 PM

Pixelboy, on 29 Dec 2017 - 2:59 PM, said:snapback.png

People are still waiting. Go take care of your business...

=========================================

Just me so....

WOW!! guys. I like you both and your contributions to the scene...

I know you have 'history'... So can you both PLEASE take a step back and breath!!!

Please!!!

...for the rest of us...

Pointing out others faults and short comings (or whatever) does NOTHING to promote our like of the Colecovision/Adam...

I've said it in the past - PLEASE - take your criticisms to the PM's - I DO NOT want to see your dirty laundry here.

NOT saying that you have valid concerns/grieveances - work them out between yourself.

I hate seeing contributors of the Coleco 'fighting' each other - It really is NEGATIVE to me.

Thank You

Jeff31

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Is project Prometheus still on hold, or is this console going to become a reality?

If Prometheus has a HDMI output and if I can use Expansion module #1 Atari 2600 adapter, and Expansion module #3 ADAM computer, then this is the system I am interested in.

I like the CollectorVision game system, however the expansion module interface on that system is not compatible with the original 80’s Coleco expansion modules.

It sounds like Project Prometheus is really a ColecoVision II machine that is better then the original ColecoVision and 100% compatible with all the add on hardware expansions.

Is project Prometheus still on hold, or is this console going to become a reality?

If Prometheus has a HDMI output and if I can use Expansion module #1 Atari 2600 adapter, and Expansion module #3 ADAM computer, then this is the system I am interested in.

I like the CollectorVision game system, however the expansion module interface on that system is not compatible with the original 80s Coleco expansion modules.

It sounds like Project Prometheus is really a ColecoVision II machine that is better then the original ColecoVision and 100% compatible with all the add on hardware expansions.

I asked about the 2600 module and no it is not compatible.

By definition, the Gemini Expansion module literally just read the inputs and passed output analog audio / video through the expansion bay. An HDMI console would not be able to pass the analog video out, unless it had a dedicated upscaler which would incur a lot of added cost to the project.