IGNORED

Pole Position Atari 2600 Secret/lost/hidden car?

rjchamp3

There's a guy who hangs out near where I work with one of those guitars that has a built-in amp and speaker. He'll stand on the sidewalk and pluck the same note over and over for hours. I often wonder if he hears what he's playing as an amazing guitar solo.

Similarly, I wonder if you look at yours posts and see English.

:lolblue:

• Like 1

I get 62560 by making the player invincible...you have to shift from lo to hi at mid-speed when beginning each of the 2 runs. But you'd *need* to turn to follow the course in a regular game, which lowers your speed throughout. Give it a whirl yourself...I'm already bored with this topic.

Thanks this is wonderful the only concern was what was humanly possible, but this will help a lot thanks again!!!!

You know, while it is true that rjchamp was pretty ambiguous with his original post, and his attitude hasn't been above reproach when asking for assistance, that really doesn't give us all license to return in kind. This is one of the best communities left on the internet. Don't soil it with unnecessary ugliness! He'll either get the help he is looking for or alienate everyone who can help him. Piling on is simply untoward.

• Like 1

You know, while it is true that rjchamp was pretty ambiguous with his original post, and his attitude hasn't been above reproach when asking for assistance, that really doesn't give us all license to return in kind. This is one of the best communities left on the internet. Don't soil it with unnecessary ugliness! He'll either get the help he is looking for or alienate everyone who can help him. Piling on is simply untoward.

I treat others the way they treat me Stan looks like I got the help, and will see what happens now!!!!!!!!

Thanks this is wonderful the only concern was what was humanly possible, but this will help a lot thanks again!!!!

62560 is not possible (humanly or otherwise) because that is driving the course at top speed without steering at all. Any turning done would reduce that score.

EDIT: two more tries at better shifting resulted in 62610 and 62660.

Edited by Nukey Shay

I treat others the way they treat me Stan looks like I got the help, and will see what happens now!!!!!!!!

No one said anything particularly mean until you called anyone who couldn't understand what you were trying to ask "slow." Unless in your world being asked to clarify your point is the ultimate insult.

If everyone in the room says you're a jerk there are two possibilities. First, everyone is wrong. Second, you're a jerk. Think for a second about which one is more likely.

• Like 3

People sure have fun attacking me here for no reason it's interesting, at the end the day their lives are the same as they were, the second they attacked me!!!!!!!

I find it comical that one just thinks they can insult me and expect me to not respond, a moderator tries to instigate another several attacks, and despite I moved fwd the attacks continue!!!!

Is it that lonely in some of ur lives????

Anyways we are good thanks for the one two people that helped and the many that appeared supportive!!!!

People sure have fun attacking me here for no reason

Hardly no reason - Thomas is one of the best at discovering things like this, yet you royally dissed him for not understanding what you'd asked. Thomas is from Germany, English is not his native tongue, so your convoluted questions were even more confusing for him than they were for the rest of us.

• Like 4

Hardly no reason - Thomas is one of the best at discovering things like this, yet you royally dissed him for not understanding what you'd asked. Thomas is from Germany, English is not his native tongue, so your convoluted questions were even more confusing for him than they were for the rest of us.

And your point being????? LOL

My conclusion from the start of this post, all I did was ask a sincere and quite precise question but, many made jokes off the bat about it. I laughed it off, than several wanted to begin a quarrel, and another who is supposed to be an unbiased moderator/mediator have you, wanted to play Shakespeare and correct my Grammar. I endured all this over stating a comment about not one individual but whomever it concerned being slow and or simple minded however, the one person seemed to have a guilty conscience, and impulse to attack me and several others followed their suit. I find it quite peculiar that I am now somehow a monster, beast over one mild, and or idle insult, that was not intended to harm any particular sole.

I have even had the satisfaction of having to hark as another several individuals insulted and or picked apart and dissected my user name and it's Origin and historical meaning,with the asinine assumptions that there were in fact not one but two prototypes..........

I know what your all saying no way Rudy wrote this ummm yeah I did!!!!!!!!!!!

Have fun!!!!!!!!!

The original question was how to find and or pass the extra and or hidden car/race car on Pole Position for the Atari 2600!!!!

Edited by rjchamp3