IGNORED

Pole Position Atari 2600 Secret/lost/hidden car?

rjchamp3

Exactly. Mass confusion here. Look, I used to play River Raid with player 2 just so I could change the color of the plane from yellow to black & try to trick people. Is this an Easter egg or a glitch? This thread is all over the map.

Lot's of unknowns if we had the answers this would not be all over the map that is common sense!!!!

I can tell you that the point of this post is in hopes, that someone who has skills in programming and code as I do as a gamer breaks into it to find out!!!!!!!!

Simple Terms is it a car placement that is done by certain resets and or crashes etc?

Is it a perfect no skid no crash run??

Is it both ???

or non of the above????

and than the question is HOW????

Before asking questions, you should clearly describe what you are looking for.

I think he is asking how to get the highest possible score and whether it is purely skill based or if there is any randomness involved.

Mitch

• Like 1

Before asking questions, you should clearly describe what you are looking for.

Not to be rude I think I was pretty clear it's not my fault some people are too slow to understand, whoever those people are!!!!!

I was very clear

I now have one person on Ignore for good reasons, however I value all ur positive feedback and help!!!!!

You're not making friends here. No one is going to help you with your attitude.

By the way it's YOUR not ur, unless you're talking about the ancient Sumerian city: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ur

• Like 4

You're not making friends here. No one is going to help you with your attitude.

By the way it's YOUR not ur, unless you're talking about the ancient Sumerian city: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ur

I have quite a few friends here maybe your not one but I am ok with that, it goes back to 2003

Sorry to edit for Grammar boy I meant You are or You're works too right?

Edited by rjchamp3

Disabling obstacles would reveal the maximum possible score (unless the game relies on some kind of pattern or code to get further than normal). Keep in mind that "verified high scores" are not always correct. Todd Rogers' Barnstorming HS was revealed to be impossible (Twin Galaxies Coffeestaingate scandal).

• Like 1

Disabling obstacles would reveal the maximum possible score (unless the game relies on some kind of pattern or code to get further than normal). Keep in mind that "verified high scores" are not always correct. Todd Rogers' Barnstorming HS was revealed to be impossible (Twin Galaxies Coffeestaingate scandal).

of course

Thanks ill get on it highly valued grammar police

Perhaps if you'd consulted the grammar police before starting this thread, we'd know what you're asking.

Nothing you have said in this thread is clear. Before you call other people slow, check your punctuation and syntax.

• Like 5

I get 62560 by making the player invincible...you have to shift from lo to hi at mid-speed when beginning each of the 2 runs. But you'd *need* to turn to follow the course in a regular game, which lowers your speed throughout. Give it a whirl yourself...I'm already bored with this topic.

PolePosition(invincible).bin

• Like 2

It's a matter which has been fought since 1984 here in Italy, since we all could read in a magazine (of course italian: VideoGiochi - Jackson Publishing Group, No. 13 - March, 1984) that the top score achieved by a player was 61110 points.
post-10922-0-74766100-1489188587_thumb.jpg
Now ... after at least a period of 20 years in which I have returned to videogames as a hobby, I met several people, including some of the editors and reviewers who had also worked for that magazine, as well as in many others.
So, they say that the "videogara" contenders, in order to validate a score, necessary send up photos that "testify the true" !
Assuming, then, that the reported scores are REAL, take a little 'a look at the next pictures.....................................................................................
post-10922-0-54825600-1489188606_thumb.jpg
post-10922-0-39291300-1489188622_thumb.jpg
65860 ?!??!!
170000 pts ?!??!!???!!!????!!!!?????!!!!!
... If everything is as it should be (that the photo was sent and then validated, taking that at the time there were no photoshop or related...) may be that (at least with PAL version, the one played here) there must be "something" (easter-egg ?!?) that at some point and/or a "particular" racing behaviour give a substantial surplus-bonus points !!!
Oh yeah... it might be worth to look deep in the Pole Position code ...
((( in the last picture you could see my personal highest score, 60910, made on my full-PAL system )))
post-10922-0-82490200-1489188569_thumb.jpg
Edited by macdlsa
  • Like 1

lol

There's a guy who hangs out near where I work with one of those guitars that has a built-in amp and speaker. He'll stand on the sidewalk and pluck the same note over and over for hours. I often wonder if he hears what he's playing as an amazing guitar solo.

Similarly, I wonder if you look at your posts and see English.

Edited by KaeruYojimbo
  • Like 1