IGNORED

Lynx - just one game?

Ted Tahquechi

If you had to only choose one Lynx game to say was your favorite, what would it be?

The choice for me is very easy - Slime World. Back in the day, when I was a tester at Atari, the whole test department and some of the house Devs would get together at lunch and play 8 player. We used to play what we called survival mode, one person would be the hunted and was not allowed to use weapons of any kind, the rest were allowed to use the full compliment of slime blaster and bombs. I am happy to say that I still hold the record for the most survival wins 8-) Still some of the fondest memories I have of working at Atari.

• Like 9

Zarlor Mercenary, good difficulty curve, solid gameplay, interesting graphics and its even mutiplayer. I think the game is colorful, has fantastic graphics and smooth gameplay for the lynx and is all around a AAA title. Would like to one day see more of the prototype other than the one picture used in a promotional ad for the lynx. https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/e0/cc/0e/e0cc0ed09ce39efd4335c8c3cc1ec397.jpg

Ted, did you know D. Scott Williamson while at Atari? I guess he programmed Stun Runner, Roadblasters and maybe other lynx titles. He was posting here semi-regularly for a short while. He had some interesting stories and adventures trying to recover some of his old lynx work off of dead harddrives and decayed disks. Here were some of the interesting topics he was part of:

Edited by sirlynxalot
  • Like 2

STUN Runner was the system seller for me. I still think that's a remarkable port of a neat game.

Runner up is APB All Points Bulletin. Neither of these games had an equivalent console port until the emulation collections many years later.

They've since been surpassed by Wipeout and GTA respectively, but they were unique to the Lynx in their time.

• Like 3

Chip's Challenge.

This worked SO well on the Lynx. And this is coming from a guy who actually hated puzzle games. The balance in CC is SO well done though, and the levels so much fun to figure out, so many different elements in the game while still being a very "basic" game......

I still play it. Love it.

• Like 1

S T U N R U N N E R !!!!!!!!

I never get tired of Stun Runner. I get a rush everytime I play it.

My all time favorite..... before 1991 when the Lynx came out in 1989, I used to hope, wish and pray that it would come out eventually for the Lynx, but I didn't think Lynx could pull it off.

When I read that it was coming out for Lynx in Gamer magazine back in the days, I remember screaming, "Hell Yeah"!!!!?

Edited by Stun Runner 87
  • Like 1

STUN Runner was the system seller for me. I still think that's a remarkable port of a neat game.

Runner up is APB All Points Bulletin. Neither of these games had an equivalent console port until the emulation collections many years later.

They've since been surpassed by Wipeout and GTA respectively, but they were unique to the Lynx in their time.

Its good to see everyone someone feels the same way I do.

Stun Runner is so underrated.

The graphics and game play were ahead of its time.

Very impressive Lynx Title.

When playing it,the fast pace gives me a feeling that I'm actually really moving at that speed.

And it's very addictive.

My personal favorite.......

In fact, I'm about to play it. ?

P.s, I used to wish that Jaguar would of made a port for it also. Too bad the Jaguar didnt.

Edited by Stun Runner 87
  • Like 1

No one mentions it generally, but I had a crush for Hockey, yup!

Ice hockey was (and still is) very unpopular in France, and it was hard to get any games (except for the one on NES), so I think I actually got the lynx (over the game gear) because of this ice hockey game.

So sad there was no championship or tournament...

No one mentions it generally, but I had a crush for Hockey, yup!

Ice hockey was (and still is) very unpopular in France, and it was hard to get any games (except for the one on NES), so I think I actually got the lynx (over the game gear) because of this ice hockey game.

So sad there was no championship or tournament...

I really admire that, but can't get behind a game that has a team from "Winepeg". Or was that "Winepig"? It did give me a chuckle every time I played it.

Did Lynx get my other favorite, Xybots?

Surely you jest. I mean, yes!

• Like 2

It has probably the best graphics on the Lynx ever.....but it crashes !!!

Interesting; I haven't played it often enough to see the game crash. Does it do so randomly or at a specific game point?

I see your point with the graphics -- they're very pretty -- but Alpine Games (esp. 'snowboard rush') is on another level entirely, I think.

Then why don't I have a Lynx and those two games?

Someone sell to me for friend prices.

Er, the fun of Hockey (for me) lies in its charming spelling errors, and not in its..um...'gameplay'. To each their own, though!

PM me your address. Xybots carts litter the earth in their multitude. And you don't have a Lynx (yet?) Yeesh!

It never used to crash for me; I've completed it several times. Where does it crash for you?

Somewhere in the tunnels/pits.....don't remember. I thought it was probably my cartridge but since I sold all of them and I now use the SD card it still happens...

Somewhere in the tunnels/pits.....don't remember. I thought it was probably my cartridge but since I sold all of them and I now use the SD card it still happens...

I'm at a loss to explain that; there's definitely at least one full play through on Youtube so maybe there's just some inessential part of the tunnels that crashes, which I for some reason have never visited?

EDIT: the Youtube is an emulated play through though, so things randomly vanish, the raster effects flicker upward and downward, etc. Maybe the reason I'm the first to suggest it is that Handy gives it a bad rep?

Edited by ThomH

Er, the fun of Hockey (for me) lies in its charming spelling errors, and not in its..um...'gameplay'. To each their own, though!

PM me your address. Xybots carts litter the earth in their multitude. And you don't have a Lynx (yet?) Yeesh!

I missed on a nice used Lynx and sealed Lynx games lot last summer, but I haven't been actively looking.

Well now I need one for S.T.U.N. Runner and Xybots!

• Like 2