IGNORED

The goat store ?

Stephen g

Hi, Iv purchased a jag game from them on Friday the 3rd, Iv not had any emails from them since..

Is this site ok ?

Iv opened up a ticket asking question about my order, nothing back, Iv sent them an email nothing back.. next step is I'll just get Paypal to reverse my payment...

Just wondering as anyone else used them before ?

Thanks

The GOAT store guys are probably up to their eyeballs getting things together for Midwest Gaming Classic right now. They are the show's organizers (they also have a booth there), and it's only a month away.

They're good guys, and to say this time of year is hectic for them would be a massive understatement. To be fair, they could stand to put up a notice on the site to this effect so online customers aren't left in the dark like this, but they come through.

• Like 4

To be honest just a reply to say everything is ok would be nice. Not a great first impression. There's a few other games Iv got me eye on.. But not so sure now.

Too much to ask today. Same with AtariMax and others still in the biz of servicing Atari stuff. Good people that always come through, just not the best at communicating is all.

• Like 1

After less than 2 business days you're wanting to reverse payment? People really should do their homework on who they're buying from A) before buying, B) before posting things like this. As BassGuitari mentioned they run the MGC, one of the largest retro gaming shows. They're not scammers, they're a great part of the retro gaming community.

• Like 4

Yeah, not bashing anyone... but sometimes it takes an understanding of the buyer / seller for things to go well.

Like when I sell stuff on eBay, I try to get it out as fast as possible. I max out the 5 day handling limit because... well... it's not a job for me. If I'm selling something, it's on the weekend, or after work one day when I'm not busy. For many people, their online store is their hobby / passion. In today's world... it becomes difficult when you don't get instantaneous status alerts. The fact that I can order something from Amazon in the morning, and it'll get dropped off in front of my house by the time I get home later on THE SAME DAY... we often expect more than the "weekend warrior" can handle.

I remember back in the day, I wanted to order a Prodigy shirt (the electronic music group from England). I was 13 or 14. I sent them US cash in the mail to the UK, only to have them send it back to me almost 2 months later saying that I didn't account for the exchange rate (haha, I didn't know). I never did end up getting the shirt, but all these kinds of things used to say... "Expect 6 to 8 weeks for delivery."

Yup, those guys are crazy.

Oh yeah, I'm one of them. :-\

What others have said is basically correct. We've both been swamped getting the Midwest Gaming Classic together, but that's only half the story because if it was just that, we would have a note up on the web site and all that. It's also the last few days have been insane in our personal lives too. Sick kids, sick me, a tree that fell over, a car that had to be taken into the shop, some work deadlines that I didn't realize were deadlines, and about twenty other things no one else really cares about. And that's just me, Gary has had a similar last couple days.

If anyone is paying close attention, the mgc Facebook page had no updates whatsoever for the past two days either. When that happens in this season, you can tell something is up.

The good news is, if you still want your order, Gary and I are getting together in about twenty minutes to hopefully dig through email, reply to everything from the last few days, send get on top of it. Gary is planning on a half day at work tomorrow to catch up on packages I believe, and he did tell me he intends to have them out tomorrow when I spoke with him this morning to try to figure out what we can do.

So, greatly apologize. I won't pretend we are the fastest guys in the world for replies - as someone else mentioned, this is a hobby shop, it isn't a big money maker, just more something we do because we love sharing the joy of retro gaming. We try, but we also, perhaps stupidly, try to manage too many things at once sometimes and end up playing catch up top much.

Expect an email back from Gary or I within the next two hours!

• Like 12

After less than 2 business days you're wanting to reverse payment? People really should do their homework on who they're buying from A) before buying, B) before posting things like this. As BassGuitari mentioned they run the MGC, one of the largest retro gaming shows. They're not scammers, they're a great part of the retro gaming community.

Firstly why are you attacking me ? I was seeking advise from this site, which Some offered.

It's a business and after Iv paid I just kinda of expected an email update..Nothing wrong with that.

Secondly I rasied a ticket because I coulndt check on there web site (kept getting an error), but yes sadly after 2 working days I did expect some kind of response or order update not error screen ?

An update was really all I wanted. Which as now happened..

Edited by Stephen g
  • Like 1

Yup, those guys are crazy.

Oh yeah, I'm one of them. :-\

What others have said is basically correct. We've both been swamped getting the Midwest Gaming Classic together, but that's only half the story because if it was just that, we would have a note up on the web site and all that. It's also the last few days have been insane in our personal lives too. Sick kids, sick me, a tree that fell over, a car that had to be taken into the shop, some work deadlines that I didn't realize were deadlines, and about twenty other things no one else really cares about. And that's just me, Gary has had a similar last couple days.

If anyone is paying close attention, the mgc Facebook page had no updates whatsoever for the past two days either. When that happens in this season, you can tell something is up.

The good news is, if you still want your order, Gary and I are getting together in about twenty minutes to hopefully dig through email, reply to everything from the last few days, send get on top of it. Gary is planning on a half day at work tomorrow to catch up on packages I believe, and he did tell me he intends to have them out tomorrow when I spoke with him this morning to try to figure out what we can do.

So, greatly apologize. I won't pretend we are the fastest guys in the world for replies - as someone else mentioned, this is a hobby shop, it isn't a big money maker, just more something we do because we love sharing the joy of retro gaming. We try, but we also, perhaps stupidly, try to manage too many things at once sometimes and end up playing catch up top much.

Expect an email back from Gary or I within the next two hours!

Hi no problem, why some feel the need to attack me over this is unreal.. Atleast I know I'll think twice about asking for any advise on these forums again. But thanks for your post, it as explained a lot..

Welcome to retro gaming, Jesus.

Regards

• Like 2

Hi no problem, why some feel the need to attack me over this is unreal.. Atleast I know I'll think twice about asking for any advise on these forums again. But thanks for your post, it as explained a lot..

Welcome to retro gaming, Jesus.

Regards

From what I can tell, no one was attacking you. They just explained the nature of the beast when dealing with a smaller store like the Goat Store, and multiple people vouched for them (you can include me in that as well). Having said that, we could all use a little more tact in here, myself included.

• Like 5

Firstly why are you attacking me ? I was seeking advise from this site, which Some offered.

It's a business and after Iv paid I just kinda of expected an email update..Nothing wrong with that.

Secondly I rasied a ticket because I coulndt check on there web site (kept getting an error), but yes sadly after 2 working days I did expect some kind of response or order update not error screen ?

An update was really all I wanted. Which as now happened..

Wasn't meant as an attack at all. I always research where I buy from before doing so, especially with online shops I've never heard of. If I don't feel comfortable purchasing, I don't. You could've also searched for "goat store" on this forum and found numerous positive posts. Just examples of what could've been done to strengthen your confidence without having to think about reversing payment after 2 business days. Likewise if I buy from someone on a forum I will look at their feedback on the forum or from EBay if they've provided their username.

• Like 4

Bastards! Now I feel obliged to order something from them...

Ok no worrys, so there legit then.. Living in the uk, it's really hard to find certain games so have to look to the US..

I'd love to know where I could get a copy of rayman from which would break the back lol..that games like gold dust in England..

I actually got my copy of Rayman for $1. They had an 'Incredible Universe' here that was one of the few stores that had all the consoles at the time (yes, even CDi), but they were going out of business so were selling all their stock for cheap. The Rayman copy was marked down to $10, but the guy typed it in wrong and gave it to me for a dollar.

Edited by leech

• 2 weeks later...
I email you in the contact note from your online store earlier this week and just wondering before I wanted to order from your store that its still updated in stock.

Some time ago I lost alot of my older collection of games from 2600 to NES and so on and hope to regaining them again with your help from your store. Thanks for your time.