IGNORED

Atari Extensions...PB?

Hello again everybody.

I pondered whether I should open a new thread or not, but I couldn't really find this anywhere on the internet...

Does anybody know what the .pb extension is or how to load it? I have a floppy disk with demo1.pb, demo2.pb, etc., but at boot time there is nothing that boots, and if I load DOS and try to LOAD "D:DEMO1.PB" it doesn't do anything (Error 21). How can one load these files?

Thanks for any and all help,

James

Afair,

the PCS (Pinball Construction Set) used *.pb as an extension for the PinBalls that are on the original diskette. If someone created his own pinballs and saved them on a separate disk, he might have used that pb extension also. You can boot the PCS and try to load these files, if loading works, you can also save these files as pure binary files (COM/EXE/XEX). Not that PCS pinballs would be very interesting or hard to find (there are more than 100 in the wild), but maybe worth a try...

If loading of these .pb files does not work with PCS then they might be of another type, I do not know atm. A screenshot of the "gibberish characters" may also help us identifying what it could be...

Edited by CharlieChaplin
  • Like 2

Interesting, I do have a disk that says "Pinball Construction Set" on it. I attempted to load it (I think it needs a translator) but I was unsuccessful. I did look at the contents/files on the disk, and they were indeed the same as the other disk I was mentioning. It must have something to do with the Pinball. Thanks.