IGNORED

Anyone interested in Pokey remixes?

Mark Wright

Hi, I just wanted to share my work in progress remix of a classic Atari song, made in the quintessentially cheesy 80s style..

Perhaps a little over-ambitious of me to attempt covering such a standard on my first go (dodges rotten tomatoes) but at least, when finished, it will be some sort of contribution.

I wonder though, is there any interest in hearing such things? Once upon a time, there was a thriving C64 and Amiga remix "scene" as evidenced on YouTube. I've found the odd Atari remix of 8-bit exclusive game soundtracks, but they're few and far between. In fact, what prompted me into the five hour frenzy that resulted in this remix was searching YouTube convinced there'd be a contemporary update of this tune, but to no avail.

Anyway, if anyone's feeling creative and fancies having a go, or if you just enjoy listening to remixes (no matter how bad!) let me know :-)

• Like 7

Mark, LOVE IT...

And as Gary comes on these forums you may get feedback from the man himself...

Based on this I'd love to hear more...

Thank you

Paul.....This tune has put me in a great mood after waking up! Well done that man, I'm a grump normally..

Any chance of an MP3?

Edited by Mclaneinc

Here is a youtube recording of the original, just in case...

In the late 90s and early 2000s I made recordings from various Atari Games and Demos. Therefore I connected my (then mono!) Atari 800XL to my Hifi system and recorded the sounds on my Mini-Disc recorder. Later I copied the sounds onto CD-R and in the end I made MP3`s of them. Due to the many conversions there was quite some loss in sound quality (Mini-Disc uses ATRAC = lossy compression, MP3 is also a lossy compression). You can find these demo and game sounds, as well as some cover-sounds and other things (Jaguar sounds, Atari Vinyl singles, etc.) here:

http://ftp.pigwa.net/stuff/collections/CharlieChaplin/SNDVID/

Edited by CharlieChaplin
  • Like 3

That rendition is not too bad at all. Didn't feel like hitting the mute button or stopping it.

Don't know about a compilation of other such examples - so all I can say - if you made it - I might like it?

It's listenable to me - whereas I have a tendency to hate repetitive sequencer type music - you know those guys in their cars who play such stuff loud - thinking others around them like it too - but it's the most awful thing to put up with because it isn't music at all.

Harvey