IGNORED

! HELP: Jag CD can't read CDRs, where are the pots to tweak?

Kat-Atari

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/145333-nonfunctional-cd-unit/?p=1767606

This will tell you the transport to order, that post is old so I don't know if that website is still around, but I picked up a couple transports on EBay last year. Still pretty cheap.

You mean like these? I'm assuming these are all used pulls from lord knows where and what..but for that price what could go wrong?! LOL

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1pcs-New-Philips-VAM1202-VAM-1202-Laser-Replace-VAM1201-CDM12-1-CDM12-2-/181225869468?hash=item2a31e7509c:g:80YAAOSw9eVXUVg6

Thanks to all for responding again. FYI, I called up "Best Electronics" and they said that they can fix Jaguar CDs. They have a $75 service and a $100 service depending on what is wrong with your system.

Also, I just found out that the "close latch mechanism" pin was missing on my unit. I had never dealt with a Jaguar CD before (me being ignorant) and I thought that it was NORMAL at first to have to power down the Jag and CD in order to change CDs. When I pop open the lid on this unit, the CD is still spinning at a high rate (as if it didn't know that the door was open). I was wondering about the EMPTY hole socket next to the door latch and so I looked for info and saw videos of the CD stop spinning when the door opened (something that my Jag CD doesn't do). This is when I found that the Jag CD had not door latch sensor pin.

I'm wondering what you guys would do... Keep and try to service or return to eBay seller...

1. Is the "close latch mechanism" pin an easy part to find? From what I can tell there is supposed to be a spring included. It would be nice if the CD stopped spinning when I pop open the door to change games (rather than powering down whole system).

2. Given the CD errors at random times, is it worth spending the $75-$100 to service. I'm NOT comfortable with replace "transport" mechanism as others have said.

3. I'm thinking that I should just return the unit and try my luck at trying to find another Jag CD unit.

Thanks!

If what you purchased isn't as advertised, I would look to return it or perhaps a partial refund if you want to go that route. Really there isn't much to go wrong on a Jag CD other than the laser mech and obviously a missing door switch in your case.

• Like 1

The jagCD is pretty straight forward. If it were me, I would ask for a partial refund from the seller to be a minimum of what Best Elec is wanting to charge for the basic service fee and go from there. In my case, I would just try and fix it myself and ask for a substantial refund from the seller based on the parts and my time.

If what you purchased isn't as advertised, I would look to return it or perhaps a partial refund if you want to go that route. Really there isn't much to go wrong on a Jag CD other than the laser mech and obviously a missing door switch in your case.

Holy crap I am agreeing with madman.

Yeah I would strongly suggest putting your foot in the sellers ass in some way over this.