IGNORED

Odd Atari Power Supply

Since I don't know what Atari system it was for, I will post it here. When I bought my 7800 power supply today, the same shop had another Atari power supply sitting right by it. It wasn't overly much bigger than the regular 2600 power supply, but it had a barrel plug on it, so definitely not 2600. The back said it was rated at 10VAC output, 9W, 750ma (Might not be exact there, but it was close to that). The employee thought it was from an Atari flashback, but the design and the fact it said 'Made in USA' on it ruled that out. Any idea what Atari system it was made for?

I'm guessing the Sears Video Arcade II. IIRC the power supply with mine has a big Atari logo on it (and is also roughly the size of a standard power supply for a standard 2600, which I believe was also included with Sears units). I forget the voltage but it's a barrel-type connector.

EDIT: Otherwise, it might not actually be for a console at all, but maybe for a peripheral for the 400/800, like a modem or something.

Edited by BassGuitari

It it is still at the shop when I go back, I'll try to pick it up. Oh, and so sorry that I don't keep a camera on me at all times StopDrop&Retro. Actually, a lot of places around here don't like people taking photos in the stores.

Edited by simbalion

Ok, after a bit of further research I seem to have found an answer. The power supply I saw might well have been for the Atari 2800/Sears Video Arcade II. The power ratings are definitely the same. Now I really wish I had bought it. Too late for a trip this evening and I am wiped out from work!

It it is still at the shop when I go back, I'll try to pick it up. Oh, and so sorry that I don't keep a camera on me at all times StopDrop&Retro. Actually, a lot of places around here don't like people taking photos in the stores.

I just use my cellphone. I always have it with me. Its not the best camera but its pretty decent.

• Like 1

Perhaps the same shop has an Atari 2800 sitting on another shelf?

Not likely. ;) Maybe a Video Arcade II, though. (Same thing, I know. :P)

If I walked into a shop and saw an actual Atari 2800 on the shelf (or more likely in a glass cabinet) I'd probably shit my pants.

Nope, just the power supply was there. Actually, they don't have any systems older than an NES right now. I think when I got my Intellivision Super Video Arcade there last fall that was the last of the older style systems for a bit. It's kinda like when I kept finding Fairchild carts there. I was sooo hoping an actual system would appear, but it didn't. Of course, I finally got one. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...