IGNORED

Anyone re-discovering their Wii U now that the Switch is out?

So the Switch got me excited about Nintendo again, but there just isn't much to do on it right now. I have Zelda and Bomberman but haven't had time to get into Zelda yet really. I also need a dock for my upstairs TV before I can make it my "main" new system.

That being said, craving more Nintendo i've found that my Wii U still has a lot to offer, much more than the switch right now i'd say. With something like 30 games and a 2TB hard drive hooked up, as well as 4 wii motes and 4x pro controllers, it's been getting some serious hours this past week. I have been playing Shantae, Bayonetta 2, and Wonderfull 101 by myself. With the wife and two friends last night we played a couple of games of Mario Party 10, some Mario Kart 8, and some Wii sports club.

Happily re-discovering and logging some serious hours on my Wii U, and loving it. Has the switch (or NOT being able to get one) caused anyone out there to do the same?

For me it has to do more with the fact that Zelda came out. I do not have a Switch so I am playing it on the Wii U. It's refreshing to have a truly stellar brand-new release for the system. As a result of it, I have definitely been using the Wii U more frequently and it has felt good. It's a shame this will be one of, if not the last releases for the system.

• Like 2

For me it has to do more with the fact that Zelda came out. I do not have a Switch so I am playing it on the Wii U. It's refreshing to have a truly stellar brand-new release for the system. As a result of it, I have definitely been using the Wii U more frequently and it has felt good. It's a shame this will be one of, if not the last releases for the system.

I need to pick up a copy of Zelda BOTW for Wii U before all copies get snapped up, which I imagine will be soon and I doubt they'll do another print run.

With BOTW on Wii U though, there really is no compelling reason to pick up a switch just yet.

I need to pick up a copy of Zelda BOTW for Wii U before all copies get snapped up, which I imagine will be soon and I doubt they'll do another print run.

With BOTW on Wii U though, there really is no compelling reason to pick up a switch just yet.

I think the compelling reason is the handheld mode, if you have a constant use for it anyway. Otherwise, yeah--there's not much reason to rush out and buy a Switch right now. If I had the cash I probably would have bought one anyway, but limited finances are forcing me to play the waiting game. I'm not minding though based on the software that's currently available and am having a blast with Zelda on the Wii U. This game will probably get me to fire up Xenoblade Chronicles X again as well, something I've been putting off for about a year now. I'm sure I'll end up revisiting other Wii U games I passed on in the near future (like Bayonetta 2), and titles I'd like to revisit again because it's been a long time (Pikmin 3).