IGNORED

PRGE (Portland Retro Gaming Expo) - Oct 20-22 in 2017

Lathe26

I'm screwed. :(

It may time to choose which new releases you choose to buy Eric , (quality over then just to have )The Time of Completest may be gone if new releases /Products get released all at once. Especially at that time of year( Christmas Season )

I'm sure there will be a lot more people choosing

Which games to buy at release dates now that our small market seems like it will be flooded all at once with new product. (Which new product is a good thing ) hopefully they are still available months after Releases. So people on a budget can have a chance on purchasing them.

The good thing is when a market gets flooded it usual pushes prices down. ;)

From quantity of choice and product just sitting on shelves for months or years.

All joking aside ,

Eric , I can understand where your comment came from.

Cheers and don't stress over it.

Once you don't have a complete collection -The addiction to having every new release is gone.

:)

I'm Looking forward to all these new releases and thanks to all those who work on the new game releases.

Cheers

It may time to choose which new releases you choose to buy Eric , (quality over then just to have )The Time of Completest may be gone if new releases /Products get released all at once. Especially at that time of year( Christmas Season )

I'm sure there will be a lot more people choosing

Which games to buy at release dates now that our small market seems like it will be flooded all at once with new product. (Which new product is a good thing ) hopefully they are still available months after Releases. So people on a budget can have a chance on purchasing them.

The good thing is when a market gets flooded it usual pushes prices down. ;)

From quantity of choice and product just sitting on shelves for months or years.

All joking aside ,

Eric , I can understand where your comment came from.

Cheers and don't stress over it.

Once you don't have a complete collection -The addiction to having every new release is gone.

:)

I'm Looking forward to all these new releases and thanks to all those who work on the new game releases.

Cheers

PRGE is a nice place to release new games and talk with the perverted converted. The fact that all 5 6 7 are released on the same day for purchase is irrelevant as they are not limited to 30 copies by-it-now-or-never!!!!!!!! and are available as normal after, not ONLY at PRGE.

Rev is generally flexible and I see NO reason that someone can't get all new releases over a month or two...especially since we have been constantly and consistently (over 2 years+) reminding the collectors that frequent this forum to put aside money in preparation for upcoming releases. What difference does it make if Rev releases one game a month for 5 months or 5 games in one month since people have been warned that numerous games are coming?

This will not change for the next couple of years, so put aside 50 a month starting November and you should have no problem buying all 2018 releases, whether they come one a month or in batches. If you are unable to put aside $50 a month then you shouldn't trying to be a completion-ist collector.

PRGE is a nice place to release new games and talk with the perverted converted. The fact that all 5 6 7 are released on the same day for purchase is irrelevant as they are not limited to 30 copies by-it-now-or-never!!!!!!!! and are available as normal after, not ONLY at PRGE.

Rev is generally flexible and I see NOreason that someone can't get all new releases over a month or two...especially since we have been constantly and consistently (over 2 years+) reminding the collectors that frequent this forum to put aside money in preparation for upcoming releases. What difference does it make if Rev releases one game a month for 5 months or 5 games in one month since people have been warned that numerous games are coming?

This will not change for the next couple of years, so put aside 50 a month starting November and you should have no problem buying all 2018 releases, whether they come one a month or in batches. If you are unable to put aside $50 a month then you shouldn't trying to be a completion-ist collector.

This was meant to be a statement not directed at anybody. What publishers /programmers decide to do /how many /or when to release games is there business and their choice only.. For me it doesn't really matter how many or when things are released.. Im lucky that way.. But for some it may be no matter what you or anyone say. it may be easier for people to spend 50 dollars in a month ,spread out through the year,instead of all in one month.. Even if people are told to save save because this is going to happen at this date.. Life is not that simple for some , Maybe for you , which you are lucky.. :)

But with Rev release's most games are available for months after, as you mentioned... He great that way..

But as mentioned people that are not programmers/publishers/intellivision farkle products/ producers don't have supplement income to purchase new releases or products... All at once... So a mass release could affect what they choose to buy or not buy...

Cheers

So with no central bar like at Midwest Gaming Classic, where do all the attendees go for a drink after the show has closed for the day? I went to a few(with some podcasters) bars the last time I went, but that was a long time ago. I know one of them was a creepy Lovecraft-like bar that was kind of fun, and super chill.

I still need to figure out what to do on Thursday when I get there. It's a free day to myself. I want to see the former feminist bookstore that was on Portlandia.

Yeah, but this fetish that people have for releasing so many games

a) all at once

b) so close to Christmas

c) at the time of PRGE

is killer. The releases of the games should be spread out more.

There is sorta a long history of announcing or releasing games at a large gaming event. Trust me Eric, it could be worse. Much worse.

I'll release something right AFTER Christmas when everybody is broke. Maybe put a 10 day buying window on it. :-)

To ease the pain of anyone unable to purchase multiple releases at once, I have, and will continue to make releases available for at least a year after initial release. Feel free to purchase any title you wish at your discretion. I've never limited a release (except for that mouse trap cbs game)

• Like 5

So with no central bar like at Midwest Gaming Classic, where do all the attendees go for a drink after the show has closed for the day? I went to a few(with some podcasters) bars the last time I went, but that was a long time ago. I know one of them was a creepy Lovecraft-like bar that was kind of fun, and super chill.

I still need to figure out what to do on Thursday when I get there. It's a free day to myself. I want to see the former feminist bookstore that was on Portlandia.

Last year we just winged it. Ended up a different restaurant on each of the 3 nights, I think Cmart was the spur of the moment coordinator, since he wasn't doing anything useful...as usual ;)

The sunday night restaurant was nice and quiet and we had a whole section to ourselves. We are probably banned from the saturday night one because cmart reserved for 16 and I think 24 eventually showed up ;)

There is plenty do up there.

You can even take Highway 26 (aka the sunset highway) out to the coast and visit the location for Goonies (Astoria). maybe you'll find some more treasure from "One-eyed" Willy :ahoy: :pirate: :ahoy: :pirate:

From Wikipedia:

Other movies filmed in Astoria include Short Circuit, The Black Stallion, Kindergarten Cop, Free Willy, Free Willy 2: The Adventure Home, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III, Benji the Hunted, The Ring Two, Into the Wild, The Guardian and Cthulhu

• Like 1

There is plenty do up there.

You can even take Highway 26 (aka the sunset highway) out to the coast and visit the location for Goonies (Astoria). maybe you'll find some more treasure from "One-eyed" Willy :ahoy: :pirate: :ahoy: :pirate:

From Wikipedia:

Other movies filmed in Astoria include Short Circuit, The Black Stallion, Kindergarten Cop, Free Willy, Free Willy 2: The Adventure Home, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III, Benji the Hunted, The Ring Two, Into the Wild, The Guardian and Cthulhu

Cool, I will be for 2 weeks in Portland.

Edited by Intymike

https://www.voodoodoughnut.com/

You haven't been to Portland until you have had one.

Warning:Don't go there if you are easily offended. ;)

Ground Control Arcade

http://groundkontrol.com/

I love going to the massive Powells City of Books, a mixture of old books and new, over a million books they claim, I'd have guessed 2 million.

http://www.powells.com/locations/powells-city-of-books

If you are a collector of old toys and such:

Grabbed a few things I didn't know I was looking for from

Rogue Toys Portland Location

https://roguetoys.com/pages/locations

Dr. Tongue is smaller, but I've picked up from there both times I was in Portland

http://drtonguetoys.com/

And the owner (Toby aka y-bot) of this store is one of the people that helps PRGE happen each year:

https://www.facebook.com/Coin-Corner-and-Hobbies-162817697071478/

Downtown has a huge variety of food trucks:

http://content.time.com/time/travel/cityguide/article/0,31489,1975826_1975753_1975582,00.html

There are also lots of micro-breweries and places called Movie Brewpubs

• Like 2

Tarzilla has a great list above. I'll just add

Blue Star Donuts (these are gourmet-level donuts, you won't find these flavors in the grocery store)

http://www.bluestardonuts.com

Odd that they don't have a listing of their regular donuts, unless you find their hidden link in their FAQ: http://www.bluestardonuts.com/wp-content/uploads/BSD_flyer_donutmenu2016.pdf

There is one of these located in the PDX airport just outside of security. I may grab myself a couple before I jump on the train.