IGNORED

PRGE (Portland Retro Gaming Expo) - Oct 20-22 in 2017

Lathe26

how many Europeans will attend?

up to now I only know of one German representative

IIRC, last year only the British and the Italian ( :-D ) one-man delegations were present

I hope I get some back up from Forza Italia!

btw. I will stay in Portland from monday the 17th 'til friday the 27th.

Edited by Intymike

The trick is finding a good "pre-name" like so many of the Super Pro games have, like Chip Shot, Slam Dunk, Body Slam, etc.

Hurry Hard! Super Pro Curling is the most obvious name, but there may be better ones.

I should emphasize that I've never done Intellivision development, but I was a huge fan of the system in the 80s and I've considered jumping into it at some point. Super Pro Curling might be a good first project, but it's really hard to compete with all those great sports game on the system.

To be clear, you've already found the perfect title. :)

And yes, while there are so many great sports titles for the Inty, this could be a really neat one to add to the list. There are a lot of very helpful programmers in these forums who I'm certain would be happy to help you make the leap.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm on the fence about going this year due to finances. What's the latest 11th hour anyone has successfully attended? In other words, if I only discover I can afford it but not until Oct 1st should I forget trying to get a hotel at that point?

I booked a hotel super late last year. I probably overpaid for a plane ticket, stayed in a shady motel far away, and had two consecutive late night 3 mile walks back after the light rail ended service. It worked out though and I had a great time. Booking early is cheaper, closer, and nicer, but last minute still works. I say go for it! Who wants to look back and say, 'glad I played it safe'?

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
Guest LiqMat

I wont be going this year as I said earlier, but I forgot to mention what happened to me and my wife last year at PRGE 2016. As I was wheeled in (pulled my back out just in time for the event) I went up to the counter where you pick up your badges and I told them our names. Some prick must have posed as me because they told me I had already checked in and our badges were picked up. I showed them a photo ID and they were shocked and issued me and my wife weekend long badges and apologized. They didn't check ID apparently when issuing the badges and they should require ID at time of pickup. The only forum I visit that I mention even going to this event is the Intellivision forum here at AtariAge and very few people know my real name. So take it for what it's worth, but an FYI of what happened to me. Luckily it did not spoil any of my plans at the event and I had a great time. They were very cool about it and I hope they check IDs this time around.

Edited by LiqMat

Any chance you have a vaguely common name? I find it very hard to believe someone would do that, especially from this forum. But I guess there are assholes everywhere.

I always thought you had to show them the e-ticket or whatever. I've never just tried using my name - pretty crappy security if they allow that.

Guest LiqMat

Any chance you have a vaguely common name? I find it very hard to believe someone would do that, especially from this forum. But I guess there are assholes everywhere.

I always thought you had to show them the e-ticket or whatever. I've never just tried using my name - pretty crappy security if they allow that.

Just telling it like it was. Just the messenger. Like I said, they handled it perfectly, but I think better to tell people just in case it happens to them and it's not a surprise. My wife and I were perplexed for sure since I don't know anyone personally or very well from this forum or anywhere near Portland even though I lived there for a year. It could have been just a random event where they handed out the wrong badges or crossed off the wrong names. Who knows, but it happened regardless.

Guest LiqMat

Another possibility is that they came up to the counter, got a peek at your name on a list for attendees (or saw the badges themselves). They might not have had anyone picked out beforehand. Just a possibility.

It was just weird and VERY unlikely anyone from this forum would do this since I really don't know any of you on a first name basis. I just wanted to make it clear it's the only forum I visit where I stated I was going. You are probably right, though, it may have been just a localized problem. Still, I thought it would be good just to give a heads up this happened to us.

Guest LiqMat

Hmmmm.....it's starting to strike me as weird that Rev had seven badges around his neck.

As this event grows the mystique and intrigue grow with it. It could be spies!

• Like 1

I'm quite optimistic.
However,
1. I must ask my boss
2. I must be authorized to enter the US (ESTA procedure)
3. I must buy the flight ticket
4. I must book a room
5. I must buy the weekend pass to PRGE
Then, I must find some money to survive in the meantime

1. I must ask my boss: GOAL ACCOMPLISHED
2. I must be authorized to enter the US (ESTA procedure): GOAL ACCOMPLISHED
3. I must buy the flight ticket: GOAL ACCOMPLISHED
4. I must book a room: GOAL ACCOMPLISHED
5. I must buy the weekend pass to PRGE: GOAL NOT YET ACCOMPLISHED
:-D
See you there, dudes!!!
  • Like 5