IGNORED

Any Modern NES Clones That Support The Zapper & Composite Video?

Hey there everyone. :) I was just curious is anyone knew if any of the higher quality modern NES clones offered support for the NES Zapper light gun and composite video out? I know the seemingly most popular option, the AVS from retroUSB, only does HDMI out so there's definitely no light gun support there; but are there any other good quality NES clones out there that do offer light gun support?

I don't have plans to buy one any time soon, but it would be nice to know what the options are for playing NES light gun games without having to deal with wonky 72-pin connectors on the toaster or jail bars on the NES-101 top loader.

Edited by Jin

Most of the clones to support composite. For example, my personal favorite the Super Retro Trio does. They technically support the zapper too, but the TVs we Use them on do not. Zapper incompatibility is a function of the TV, not the console.

The FC Mobile II actually included its own zapper, though the gun was useless on the built in screen.

Most of the clones to support composite. For example, my personal favorite the Super Retro Trio does. They technically support the zapper too, but the TVs we Use them on do not. Zapper incompatibility is a function of the TV, not the console.

The FC Mobile II actually included its own zapper, though the gun was useless on the built in screen.

Perhaps I should have stated in the original post that if I ever got a clone console I would be using it on a CRT TV, as I am well aware that light guns do not work on LCD / LED TVs regardless of the console being used.

I'm assuming composite out is a necessity for light gun games though, since even if you downscaled the AVS's HDMI out to composite video with an adapter to use it on an old CRT TV I doubt it would work with Zapper games. Would that be correct?

Edited by Jin