IGNORED

RIP romhacking.net?

elmer

Hello there, Mr. Dunce.

>me

>Mr. entitled

Its funny how you assume that I'm either mentally handicapped or an under-educated bumpkin. :thumbsdown: :P :P

Not hard to gather when you run right to calling anyone who agrees with such a take down as stuck up. I also never said you were a bumpkin or mentally handicapped, but perhaps you are as you're being touchy? I just said you needed to learn to read, because if you had you would have realized Nintendo did nothing and therefore you're making an issue out of nothing.

• Like 1

Not hard to gather when you run right to calling anyone who agrees with such a take down as stuck up. I also never said you were a bumpkin or mentally handicapped, but perhaps you are as you're being touchy? I just said you needed to learn to read, because if you had you would have realized Nintendo did nothing and therefore you're making an issue out of nothing.

Okay fine.

Hell, the Big N also went after the makers of Game Genie for the same reason...and all they did was change the game that was in the RAM part and not the ROM itself.

And yes I know it was Russian hackers that took the site down but they also suck. A damn shame since I was looking forward to playing translated Famicom games, even the archived site doesn't have the patches available. ;(

The Game Genie alters bytes in ROM, not RAM. The codes translate to an address byte and a data byte, and the Game Genie sends the data byte contained in the code to the console instead of the data byte in the ROM which the address byte in the code locates. It was originally sold by Nintendo for the NES, which was its main console at the time. Nintendo did not like it, but the courts in Canada found that the device did not infringe on Nintendo's rights, so they were powerless to stop it in the U.S.

Some of the patches may be found in Cowering's Good Tools sets, which include pre-patched ROMs.

Edited by Great Hierophant
  • Like 1