IGNORED

AT Games Intellivision Flashback 2 coming this fall..........

https://www.facebook.com/groups/519858548078322/permalink/1340030559394446/

from

" Michael Thomasson

Okay, I can finally spill the beans on this project. AtGames is releasing a second Intellivision Flashback this fall and it will have the games you want by Data East (Burgertime, Lock 'n Chase, Bump 'n Jump, etc.) as well as the TRON games, and more! "

post-2652-0-57988100-1489972813_thumb.jpg

Edited by Arenafoot
  • Like 6

I know that there has been a lot of speculation about whether or not AtGames would actually do another Intellivision flashback. Hopefully this news proves to be true and that they greatly expand the game line up, like around 80 or so. Also, I think it would be cool if it is molded after the Intellivision 2. Definitely I look forward to hearing more news about this this unit soon.

• Like 2

An SD card slot would certainly be awesome but after buying the first my criteria is:

1. Good lineup of titles

2. Proper backwards compatible controller out of the box as was intended with the original, They have had enough time now.

unless those two conditions are met I will pass until they release one that meets those requirements, same goes for future Colecovision Flashbacks. Oh and also I need to be working again to have extra monies for such indulgences :grin:

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer
  • Like 2

That unit looked neat at the time (less empty air, etc) but brings back memories of all the games labeled NOT FOR USE WITH INTELLIVISION II, which doesn't inspire consumer confidence

Intellivision%20Donkey%20Kong%20by%20Col

True, but I don't know if that would be too much of a deal-breaker nowadays. You never know though.

Back then, Coleco had a reputation of making bad Intellivision games. At the time I didn't know about the lockout but it wouldn't have made any difference to us.

I don't know if this is true of not, but supposedly Coleco made the Intellivision versions of their games bad on purpose so that you would instead by a Colecovision. When Mattel released their Intellivison 2, they specifically designed it to be incompatible with Coleco games. When Mattel was asked why they did not work in the Intellivision 2, they said that they weren't sure, but later admitted the truth. However, later Coleco by passed the problem with their later games. (Such as Donkey Kong Jr.)

I doubt Coleco directed programmers to make bad games. But I wouldn't be surprised if the Intellivision Donkey Kong programming contract was significantly smaller than the Colecovision DK contract. I don't know who the programmer was but there is a learning curve when working on a new system for the first time. I'm sure their second game was better.

• 3 weeks later...

What's your threshold for getting this? Personally, I would want at least 10 new games that aren't on the original version, along with fixed Tower of Doom.

It sounds like Activision and Imagic aren't in the offing, which is what I really want. Dreadnaught Factor, Demon Attack, Beauty and the Beast, and Dragonfire (wasn't that on the Coleco Flashback?) would have insta-sold it to me.

• Like 2

What's your threshold for getting this? Personally, I would want at least 10 new games that aren't on the original version, along with fixed Tower of Doom.

It sounds like Activision and Imagic aren't in the offing, which is what I really want. Dreadnaught Factor, Demon Attack, Beauty and the Beast, and Dragonfire (wasn't that on the Coleco Flashback?) would have insta-sold it to me.

I agree. The new unit needs to have 10 to 20 new games, HDMI, and a little quality upgrade for me to really get excited. I did like the first flashback a lot more than the Colecovision one, so I hope they can make this even better.

• 3 weeks later...

Still nothing to update on whether this or the CV FB 2 are going forward (and again, the later it gets, the less likely any changes other than game list would be implemented). The primary focus is still on getting the upcoming family of Atari and Sega products optimized.

• Like 1

Really hoping they go forward with this. An Intellivision FB 2 with HDMI, an expanded game library, and the glaring emulation bugs fixed would be a "must buy" for me.

The only HDMI products this year will be the Genesis and Atari HD Flashbacks. Everything else will still be SD.

The only HDMI products this year will be the Genesis and Atari HD Flashbacks. Everything else will still be SD.

Even the HDMI is nice-to-have. The real seller for me would be the expanded game library, and the really obvious emulation glitches fixed (specifically, the collision detection in Tower of Doom and the sound bug that ruins the "raspberry buzzer" sound effect used in a lot of the Mattel games).

Edited by FifthPlayer