IGNORED

AT Games Intellivision Flashback 2 coming this fall..........

Still nothing to update on whether this or the CV FB 2 are going forward (and again, the later it gets, the less likely any changes other than game list would be implemented). The primary focus is still on getting the upcoming family of Atari and Sega products optimized.

I say do it big or don't bother. Releasing the same thing years later would only feed the "AtGames doesn't care" narrative.

• Like 1

I say do it big or don't bother. Releasing the same thing years later would only feed the "AtGames doesn't care" narrative.

Unfortunately, that's usually not how these things work. Economic factors play a role. That's why the HD stuff is going to be priced quite a bit higher than the usual AtGames stuff.

I agree with this statement to some degree. However, if AtGames adds 10 to 20 extra games, fixes all of the technical issues that plagued the FB1 (especially with the Tower of Doom) and perhaps upgrade the quality a little, it will be a worthwhile upgrade. However, if AtGames just fires out basically the same thing as it did before, then the Intellivision FB series could probably fall by the way side.

Unfortunately, that's usually not how these things work. Economic factors play a role. That's why the HD stuff is going to be priced quite a bit higher than the usual AtGames stuff.

define quite a bit higher. I hope that they dont price themselves out of the novelty price range.

I don't know what retailers would tolerate, but I often consider any tech under $100 within impulse buy territory. I'd rather it be good than cheap.

$60 (or $70 or $80, since it will come with 2 WIRELESS controllers) seems right to me.

Yeah. I think the list price will be $69.99 or something like that, but obviously that's not necessarily what the street price will be. The list price for the SD versions has always been extremely high, yet you could get it for $20 - $40 in-store depending upon the time of year/promotion. In any case, that's the thinking with the pricing, that it's similar to a NES Mini, but it either has tons more games and wireless controllers, or tons of games, wireless controllers, and a cartridge slot, so both can sustain a $10 premium.

• Like 2

Yeah. I think the list price will be $69.99 or something like that, but obviously that's not necessarily what the street price will be. The list price for the SD versions has always been extremely high, yet you could get it for $20 - $40 in-store depending upon the time of year/promotion.

The lazy blog entries write themselves!

NES Classic Mini's list price is $59.99, but the street price is $250!

Sega Genesis Mini's list price is $69.99, but the street price is less, AND you might actually find one in real life.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Still nothing to update on whether this or the CV FB 2 are going forward (and again, the later it gets, the less likely any changes other than game list would be implemented). The primary focus is still on getting the upcoming family of Atari and Sega products optimized.

I know the Intellivision bios and software in the flashbacks was licensed from Intellivision Productions but what about the Colecovision bios. I didn't think the current Coleco brand company has any software properties. With that first Colecovision Flashback where did they get the bios/software rights from?

I know the Intellivision bios and software in the flashbacks was licensed from Intellivision Productions but what about the Colecovision bios. I didn't think the current Coleco brand company has any software properties. With that first Colecovision Flashback where did they get the bios/software rights from?

It was all from Coleco Holdings. Whatever they have in terms of rights, it was deemed legally sufficient to proceed with the two Coleco products from AtGames, and potential future products. I don't know specifics beyond that.

the two Coleco products from AtGames

There are two?

1. ColecoVision Flashback Console

2. This download from Direct2Drive, which is part of AtGames?

P.S. Atgames really should buy Atgames.com ... remembering Atgames.net is hard, and I'm as close to being a fan as you're likely to get

P.P.S. Now there's a Steam code for activation. I want that version!

There are two?

1. ColecoVision Flashback Console

2. This download from Direct2Drive, which is part of AtGames?

P.S. Atgames really should buy Atgames.com ... remembering Atgames.net is hard, and I'm as close to being a fan as you're likely to get

P.P.S. Now there's a Steam code for activation. I want that version!

All correct. There was talk of significantly revamping both the ColecoVision and Intellivision Flashback products on D2D, but nothing has come of it yet.

• Like 1

All correct. There was talk of significantly revamping both the ColecoVision and Intellivision Flashback products on D2D, but nothing has come of it yet.

It would be cool if they could convert existing purchases to Steam keys, and update the software, too. Right now, it's rather .... how do you say ...

Poop_Emoji.png?9898922749706957214

• 4 weeks later...

It was all from Coleco Holdings. Whatever they have in terms of rights, it was deemed legally sufficient to proceed with the two Coleco products from AtGames, and potential future products. I don't know specifics beyond that.

So they don't own the bios, but yet they some how licensed it?

• Like 1

All correct. There was talk of significantly revamping both the ColecoVision and Intellivision Flashback products on D2D, but nothing has come of it yet

With the passing of the great Keith Robinson, will that significantly hinder efforts to get a new Intellivision FB2 console? I liked the first one very much, and would definitely like to see a revamped model. Hopefully AtGames decides to make another model as retro gaming is going strong, especially with Hyperkin coming out with their Atari 2600 system coming out later this Fall.

With the passing of the great Keith Robinson, will that significantly hinder efforts to get a new Intellivision FB2 console? I liked the first one very much, and would definitely like to see a revamped model. Hopefully AtGames decides to make another model as retro gaming is going strong, especially with Hyperkin coming out with their Atari 2600 system coming out later this Fall.

I have no new info at this time. As far as I know, this was not proceeding particularly quickly prior to his unfortunate passing anyway. I'm sure as long as Intellivision Productions continues, there should be no issue with moving forward if it was indeed still going to happen. As I stated in the past, the main focus at this time is still just the 2017 line-up of Atari and Sega products.