IGNORED

A Warning About Ordering From Video61

These days "new" can mean anything.

It can be "new" to a reseller that acquired it from a guy in china that purchased it from a refurbisher that purchased it from a recycling dump. Very common with hard drives.

You need to really ask them if "new" mean new in original manufacturer's sealed factory packaging, unopened, never powered on.

• Like 1

...really?

"New" meaning something other than 'new', like, 'never owned before', 'unused'? I really think this is a red herring. By that logic, all the stuff on ebay that's called 'new' could be anything, right? I'll tell you who makes excuses for what is new and what isn't, and that's people trying to claim their used stuff is actually new. This happened to me on ebay. Lucky for me, it turned out in my favour as the guy was a crook. Buyer beware, and the way a buyer can be informed is through comms of good AND bad service.

Previous good sales through Video 61 don't change the fact that this is how Jin was treated. I have no doubt that Video 61 is fine to deal with for the most part (I've bought stuff from them without any problems, but if my shipment of 'new' games didn't show up in sealed boxes, you'd better believe I'd be asking for a refund), so hopefully Lance was just having a bad day. It happens.

Previous good sales through Video 61 don't change the fact that this is how Jin was treated. I have no doubt that Video 61 is fine to deal with for the most part (I've bought stuff from them without any problems, but if my shipment of 'new' games didn't show up in sealed boxes, you'd better believe I'd be asking for a refund), so hopefully Lance was just having a bad day. It happens.

Here's the issue...where was it mentioned that this was a NEW 7800?

The lowest scumbag thing I've seen in this thread is someone taking an email from a PREVIOUS sale done ages ago and claiming it had to do with this purchase.

• Like 1

The lowest scumbag thing I've seen in this thread is someone taking an email from a PREVIOUS sale done ages ago and claiming it had to do with this purchase.

Why would somebody not expect something to be in the same condition as something he bought before?..the exact same item? If he wanted something in worse condition, I'm sure he could have gone elsewhere (and expect to pay less). This is a pretty shitty example of 'buyer beware', because he already bought one from the guy and by the sounds of it was in a 'like new' condition. People care about the condition of their items when they buy them, that's a given and should have been said up front. Had it been so, he wouldn't have bought it in the first place. If I buy something from a seller, and it turns out he get another one, if that item is in WORSE condition than the previous one, I'd expect the seller to at least mention it. Who knows, maybe he did, but it doesn't seem like that's what happened.

And when you add the fact that the light gun WAS advertised as new, what's the excuse there? Even New Old Stock should be in good physical shape if it's advertised as 'new' (which it was). But instead it's banged up, scratched, and looks used. If something is in a bag for 25 years, somehow got banged around and made to look used, then I wouldn't advertise it as 'new'. This also isn't tough to explain on the website.

The reason I get bent outta shape over stuff like this is that I empathize with what it's like to have this happen to you. The only real answer you get is 'buyer beware'. At least he's getting his money back and can get another machine elsewhere. And now everybody here has a better idea of what 'new' means at Video 61. Good to know.

• Like 3

Lance, you shouldn't be surprised that Jin would bring this up, especially considering your rude reply and guilt-laden response to his request. And to bring up how his wife reacted to the first sale? Is that relevant, other than trying to embarrass the guy? You're giving him the refund, which is the right thing to do, but how you had to get your digs in before doing so (and continue to do so) shows me that you're not the kinda guy I'd ever want to give my business to, period.

Exactly. With that lack of professionalism, I'd never, ever give business to him.

I agree that was pretty shifty.

I agree that was pretty shifty.

He paid the same price the second time.

I'd of assumed I was receiving an equivalent item as well, unless the seller specifically stated otherwise and gave an explanation on why the price didn't reflect the difference in condition. And that information didn't seem to have been communicated, which could've saved two people some hassles and all the drama in this thread.

With no lasting harm with their agreement to return and refund the money, it's a good lesson for both sides on how to avoid pitfalls like this in the future, I'd say. Pictures, clear and factual statements on condition, and avoiding assuming anything is how any expensive classic gaming related transaction should be handled.

Edited by Atariboy
  • Like 2

no, you are using information from a prior sale sale, not this sale, and i said i doubt i had any, and i will see what my son can come up with. he came up with that unit that i thought would make you happy with your sob story about trust issue your wife has with you. it took my son away from his family for three straight weekends to help you out.

do we work for free, no, can i charge what i want under capitalism for my stuff, yes. so quite moaning and groaning and send it back. i said i would refund you the money. instead your whining over this in public shows me why your wife made you sell the new one in the first place, and why she does not trust you. geesh, if your wife did not have trust issues with you, you could have kept the first one.

You need to stop with the wife thing, why the fuck you keep bringing up this guys wife?

Edited by cjameslv

Lance, you shouldn't be surprised that Jin would bring this up, especially considering your rude reply and guilt-laden response to his request. And to bring up how his wife reacted to the first sale? Is that relevant, other than trying to embarrass the guy? You're giving him the refund, which is the right thing to do, but how you had to get your digs in before doing so (and continue to do so) shows me that you're not the kinda guy I'd ever want to give my business to, period.

Spot on. And exactly what I was trying to get across in my post. Then Lance started attacking me. Interesting way to go about doing business...

what are you talking about. when he e-mailed me that he was not happy, i immediately responded that i would give him a full refund. no questions asked. then i found this thread, and i found out right away that he was not being honest about this.

he was the one who pushed me for another system, when he knew about my injury. then he kept pushing, always invoking his wife and his sob story about why he had to sell the first unit he got from me, and invoking her that she now wants to play a atari.

i did this sale as a favor. my son spent three weekends of his valuable time, because we felt sorry about his sob stories. so excuse me, there are two sides to every story. he blemished my name in public, when it was his pushing for any system we could find, and he knew what we had to go through on my end to help him in his bind.

i offered a refund immediately, he was the one who took this public. so a brick thrower in a glass house, just got a brick thrown back. so if you are going to keep bringing this up, i guess i have to respond, after all, its my reputation that was tarnished.

Why would somebody not expect something to be in the same condition as something he bought before?..the exact same item? If he wanted something in worse condition, I'm sure he could have gone elsewhere (and expect to pay less). This is a pretty shitty example of 'buyer beware', because he already bought one from the guy and by the sounds of it was in a 'like new' condition. People care about the condition of their items when they buy them, that's a given and should have been said up front. Had it been so, he wouldn't have bought it in the first place. If I buy something from a seller, and it turns out he get another one, if that item is in WORSE condition than the previous one, I'd expect the seller to at least mention it. Who knows, maybe he did, but it doesn't seem like that's what happened.

And when you add the fact that the light gun WAS advertised as new, what's the excuse there? Even New Old Stock should be in good physical shape if it's advertised as 'new' (which it was). But instead it's banged up, scratched, and looks used. If something is in a bag for 25 years, somehow got banged around and made to look used, then I wouldn't advertise it as 'new'. This also isn't tough to explain on the website.

The reason I get bent outta shape over stuff like this is that I empathize with what it's like to have this happen to you. The only real answer you get is 'buyer beware'. At least he's getting his money back and can get another machine elsewhere. And now everybody here has a better idea of what 'new' means at Video 61. Good to know.

find a light gun new in the box then. but i bet you will find lots of loose new ones.

So to recap.

Jin buys a 7800 and a new Light gun from Lance thinking they are all "new" but receives a scratched 7800 and a light gun that look like it's used.

We don't know that the 7800 was portrayed as new at the sale (we know the first one in December was, the second one, the current one, we don't know how it was [mis]represented).

Jin expected the 7800 to be exactly like the last one (new) but Vince seems to imply he never stated it would be new actually he seems to say he made it clear it was "rebuilt" (the fact that the price is the same may be irrelevant here albeit confusing to be sure).

So the light gun may well be new but kept in "out of box" conditions ... not sure I will still call it "new" but possible.

Wrt to the 7800 we don't know what was purchased/promised, maybe there's an email regarding it we can all peruse to put to rest where the confusion started?

For sure the first response from Lance (as copied by Jin in the open post) was not exactly friendly and even if he did offer to refund the purchase price (I venture shipping is lost both ways) he does come out as a little raging, but as far as the money goes he's doing the right thing.

What do we know:

Lance can throw a fit

we are not sure what condition the 7800 was portrayed as

the 7800 light gun may have been "new" as in never used/sold (maybe they tested it), but not as in "new in box, no cosmetic blemishes" (this should have been mentioned, imho)

Is that it?

what are you talking about. when he e-mailed me that he was not happy, i immediately responded that i would give him a full refund. no questions asked. then i found this thread, and i found out right away that he was not being honest about this.

he was the one who pushed me for another system, when he knew about my injury. then he kept pushing, always invoking his wife and his sob story about why he had to sell the first unit he got from me, and invoking her that she now wants to play a atari.

i did this sale as a favor. my son spent three weekends of his valuable time, because we felt sorry about his sob stories. so excuse me, there are two sides to every story. he blemished my name in public, when it was his pushing for any system we could find, and he knew what we had to go through on my end to help him in his bind.

i offered a refund immediately, he was the one who took this public. so a brick thrower in a glass house, just got a brick thrown back. so if you are going to keep bringing this up, i guess i have to respond, after all, its my reputation that was tarnished.

Alright, enough is enough! I wasn't planning on replying to this thread any further but if you're going to compound the lies you've already made about the condition of the items you sell with lies about my personal life then it's time to put an end to this. Enclosed in the spoiler tag below is a full unabridged screen capture of the entire email discourse between Lance and I for this transaction, so that those interested in learning the truth can read it for themselves and make their own determinations rather than relying on "he said, she said" arguments. I will reply no further to any of your messages or this thread and I hope that once I receive my refund from you tomorrow I will never again have to have anything to do with you or anyone as completely loathsome as yourself. Have a nice life.

uXBD88K.png

3JCFxM3.png

UMx3QzD.png

tAANDYL.png

dT1OeOQ.png

Ic2gmlu.png

csOxnzX.png

Zmo8IgX.png

a87KDYF.png

MRMNk6b.png

qztX5gA.png

wgvR7DY.png