IGNORED

UnoCart (a new multi-cart) - orders/pre-orders thread

OK: first seven of my nine cart run are paid for and I started ordering parts yesterday. Everyone from FULS onwards is eligible for a second chance if there are any drop-outs (which looks unlikely), and I'm keeping a list of those who've expressed interest drop-outs/second runs. I'll keep adding to that list but there are already enough for a further nine boards.

I'm sorry but Seven of Nine is on Voyager.... As she is disconnected from the collective and far away, I am not certain the message will be received in time or at all. Building more than 9 units may require re-designation. We suggest classifying their designations still be x of nine under another matrix.

Sincerely,

The Borg Collective

• Like 1

I *really* hope another run happens for those who didn't get one. Mine has become my second-favorite modern A8 accessory, behind only the U1MB board. This particulard device is just so versatile, capable and inexpensive!!! Robin did a truly great job designing this thing and making it ridiculously cost-effective. HIGHLY recommended here.

• Like 1

hey hey, i wanna join the "want ones" its the support for disk images that im interested in....(already have the ultimatate cart)

cased would be nice....

Edited by AHA

Question: What are the constraints on the micro-SD card? Class 4 is fine, I presume? SDHC, SDXC -- how big? Info is probably in the threads, but I didn't find it.

Hi Larry,

It should work with pretty much any micro-SD card out of the box. The faster the better, I guess, but it shouldn't really make that much difference. I used fatfs as the library for the SD card access, and I'm pretty sure I checked it supported SDHC/XC.

Robin

• Like 1

Thanks, Robin!

As luck would (not) have it, the only spare microSD card that I had available was a Sandisk 64GB SDXC. And I could not get it to work in the UnoCart. Of course, it's mega-overkill as goes the capacity. And properly formatted, the UnoCart can't see the card. Windows7 sees the card fine and can add files, etc., but XP can't. Supposedly the XP SDXC driver is there, but XP still choked and could not add files to the card.

So... to get a smaller card from Amazon. Think I'll go with an 8GB SDHC -- should still be plenty for my Atari files.

I do have one suggestion for your future runs, if possible. There is very little room behind the UnoCart microSD card holder. Since the shells are 3D, it would be useful to have a small slot directly behind holder -- just deep enough to get a fingernail behind the card to remove it. I'll likely just file mine into the shell -- well less than a mm.

-Larry

Could well be. WinXP saw the capacity as 59.x GB, and recognized the exFat (so the Win Driver is likely there), but could not do anything with it. Unocart with error message:

Incidently, the Atari appears locked up after this error message.

-Larry

post-8008-0-87895400-1494764282.jpg

Larry: cart was tested here with a 2GB Sandisk card prior to dispatch. Perhaps try something of a smaller capacity?

Regarding clearance on the Micro-SD slot: I have no fingernails to speak of but can still slide out the card easily enough, but maybe some connectors are tighter than others. Any shell redesign would have to be addressed by Robin. Personally I like the spring-loaded card slots, but I guess they're apt to break after a long time.

Edited by flashjazzcat

Hi Jon-

Yes, that's my plan. I have very few microSD cards, and this "big guy" just happened to be the only one I had available I've ordered a 16GB SDHC from Amazon (actually cheaper than 8 GB) and if that doesn't work I'll go down to 2 or 4.

Presume that you had tested Fat32, and it was a SDHC?

-Larry