IGNORED

UnoCart (a new multi-cart) - orders/pre-orders thread

Holy $hit man! Nice upgrades.

Thanks!

Yeah, the Pick & Place was about what I was spending on every run of Ultimate carts, so I am *really* hoping it works out. The solder printer was more, but it is a currently produced model and *fingers crossed* will also help eliminate errors. All that being said, if this doesn't work out . . . umm, yeah. It could be "bad."

Rest of the UNOs were posted today, and everyone's been informed via PM. Thanks to everyone who ordered and special thanks to Robin for designing yet another innovative piece of hardware for the A8, for getting me involved with it, and affording me the opportunity to gain valuable experience though two manufacturing runs. I learned a great deal which will hopefully stand me in good stead in the future.

Edited by flashjazzcat
  • Like 3

So the Ultimate Cart doesn't support .atr files at all?

Stephen! Good to see you again! Keep meaning to call . . but yeah. . .

Anyhoo, nope, Ultimate does not currently support ATRs. HOWEVER, it will work on the 400/800 where the UNO will not and it will load larger ROM files than the UNO. Thus the reason the UNO is less expensive, but still a *VERY* good product with room to grow (Game Boy emulator?? It is theoretically possible, just like quantum teleportation!)

All carts are tested and packed. Both US & non-US packages will be put in the mail tomorrow. If you did not receive your tracking number from PayPal, please let me know and I will send it to you under separate cover.

For those of you waiting to order: I have UNOCarts in hand for immediate sale $55 plus shipping! Send me a PM. They will also be available on eBay for $60+shipping.

• Like 1

Mine arrived today! Thanks for the great work. There is a letdown, though. It does not remember the last rom image loaded. It would be great for future firmware version to work a bit similar to SIO2SD.

I would like to remember last file loaded, and present the menu only after the reset button has been pressed, so once a image rom has been selected, any future use, unocart functions as a regular cart, until you press reset.

Anyway, that is a minor issue, given the great and cool piece of hardware/software, this cart is. I am really enjoying my new toy.

Thanks

• Like 1

Yes it's very nice. Replacing my atarimax 8mbit. I agree it would be nice to be able to control the menu with joystick, up/down cursor, left/right to pageup/down. I've also noticed that it only displays up to 255 files in a directory. Search will find all files though. I had to break my directories up into smaller bits to be able to cursor through all files.

The ability to save BASIC programs to a DOS.atr is awesome!

Overall very happy! Nice work!

That sucks. Same thing happened to me when I ordered the PCBs.

Two weeks ago I was recieve UAV without any charges... And now pay more for charges than postage.. Maybe later welcome hard brexit and pay more charges from everywhere :)))

Uno cart already home and waiting for evening testing with sdcard :)

Thank you MacRorie.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Edited by pivan

Two weeks ago I was recieve UAV without any charges... And now pay more for charges than postage.. Maybe later welcome hard brexit and pay more charges from everywhere :)))

Uno cart already home and waiting for evening testing with sdcard :)

Thank you MacRorie.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Sorry you had to pay customs fees. That wanks.

Enjoy the cart! For my part, I still have to plow through a stack of manuals to figure out how to maker this pick and place make more carts!

• 2 months later...

I'm interested in one of these Uno cartridges, without case, shipped to Canada.

Please pm me with payment requirement details.

Thanks,

COREi64

MacRorie might not be monitoring all of these threads every day. It would probably be better to send him a private message.

http://atariage.com/forums/user/16779-macrorie/

He also sells UNO Carts via eBay. You could always order one that way too.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Atari-XL-XE-UNOCart-Cartridge-microSD-card-for-loading-ATR-ROM-CAR-XEX-/282582673793?hash=item41cb3d6981:g:sdQAAOSw-ddZc7Uu

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Atari-XL-XE-UNOCart-microSD-loads-ATR-XEX-ROM-CAR-CHOOSE-YOUR-COLOR-/282582675937?hash=item41cb3d71e1:g:y4IAAOSw3mdZc7a6

Thanks for posting this! I do have this thread on immediate notification, so I do see the posts and response via PM. However, I will use this opportunity to post the details again! ;-)

The UNO carts sell for US$55. Shipping is $10 for US, $15 for CAN, $20 for Rest of World. That is for up to three items. You can send it via PayPal by clicking https://PayPal.me/TheBrewingAcademy/. *IF* it gives you the option, ALWAYS select Pay for Goods/Services. This way I pay the fee, you get Buyer Protection and I can use the PayPal shipping services to make sure the address is correct (no transcription errors) and you get notification.

Thanks everyone! I still have UNO and am currently taking pre-orders for Ultimate.

• Like 2