IGNORED

UnoCart (a new multi-cart) - orders/pre-orders thread

I'm looking for an UnoCart and I'm based in Europe. Where's the best place to get one? Thanks.

I would like to think it is here:

https://www.thebrewingacademy.com/

or, if you like eBay, here:

Atari XL/XE UNOCart Cartridge microSD card for loading ATR/ROM/CAR/XEX

• Like 1

I would like to think it is here:

https://www.thebrewingacademy.com/

or, if you like eBay, here:

Atari XL/XE UNOCart Cartridge microSD card for loading ATR/ROM/CAR/XEX

:-) The shipping is a bit steep to Europe, but if there aren't any local sources I'll probably get one. Or maybe I'll wait until this summer and get it when I'm back in the US. I've bookmarked the page for now. Thanks!

• 6 months later...
On 9/11/2019 at 9:52 AM, Wrathchild said:

At a guess (and given a handle of gooner4life7) I'd say this would be a UK buyer so might be unlikely but worth PM'ing electrotrains to see if any are available here.

That's fair.  However, if you buy two two plus something else like a power cable for the UK! (or any total order over $100 $125), it's free shipping worldwide!

Edited by MacRorie
Edited to reflect increase in minimum rate.
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/12/2019 at 3:01 AM, MacRorie said:

That's fair.  However, if you buy two (or any total order over $100), it's free shipping worldwide!

I'm wavering on the 2600 Uno Cart, and the above prompted me to put a second in my cart. I'm now at $80.
What am I missing?  It's the $23 shipping that's making me hesitate here... :P
Your sneaky ordering system prodded me with an email reminding me I have one in my cart, just wasting away....

2 hours ago, Andrew Davie said:

I'm wavering on the 2600 Uno Cart, and the above prompted me to put a second in my cart. I'm now at $80.
What am I missing?  It's the $23 shipping that's making me hesitate here... :P
Your sneaky ordering system prodded me with an email reminding me I have one in my cart, just wasting away....

So, a couple of things:  The amount of the sale has to be at $125 or higher to get free international shipping.*  The $23 is significant, I know, but once you cross 8 oz (~0.25kg) the shipping rate skyrockets.  It stays level until you reach about a kilo and then it goes even more insane.

*=It was $100 for worldwide shipping, but I raised it to $125 on the first of this month (https://thebrewingacademy.com/blogs/news/order-flying-out-the-door-and-the-free-shipping-continues-with-a-slight-modification).  It should stay at that level until the US arbitrarily leaves the Universal Postal Union that it has been in since 1844. 

3 hours ago, Andrew Davie said:

I'm wavering on the 2600 Uno Cart,

Andrew, do you need a 2600 UNO for Sokoban development?  I would be happy to send you mine as a thank you for all of your work for the community over the years.  I'll send you a PM to get some more details. 

Are 128K ROMs supported? The website says up to 64K, but the github site says up to 128k. If 128K is supported, which bankswitching schemes are compatible? I tried a DFSC ROM with no luck.  Thanks!

Edit: This should have been in the Atari 2600 forum. Oops!

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, ZuluGula said:

@electrotrains I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but would it be possible to redesign the PCB to fit new cartridge shells from @Sikor http://sikorsoft.waw.pl/en/cartridge-cases/

How would you access the uSD card in one of those shells?

24 minutes ago, MacRorie said:

How would you access the uSD card in one of those shells?

You would have to file a slot in the top of shell, similar way how it's done in Ultimate cart that is installed in XE cartridge. With current pcb, the slot will be too far inside to reach. That's why I am asking for new bigger pcb where the micro SD card slot would be moved closer to the top or on a side (whatever let the cart fit all Atari computers). Right now I am going to try to use this extender with the UNO I already have. 

https://a.aliexpress.com/_rHyWP1

Edited by ZuluGula

1 minute ago, ZuluGula said:

@MacRorie, so you are the creator of current UNO pcb? I guess the same would have to be done to the Ultimate pcb since the new shells and 5mm taller. 

I am the producer, yes, of both.  Although I am sure there are others out there by now, I am the one who is "authorized" to produce them.

The Ultimate cart would have to have to wait as well, although I am closer to doing a new run of those.  I would need exact specifications for the PCB and a sample of the shell before changing it, though.  It would also cause the price to change on both.

Yes, i'll get it in nearest friday evening, so i'll send package to ZuluGula next week.

======================

I made a printed cardboard model for one of the users. For a good fit, the tile should be slightly redesigned, the two biggest problems now are:
- card reader (in the housing you need to remove one of the mounting pins, which is feasible in home conditions)
- the switch is very close to the rear mounting latch, here I am not sure if it will work - you would have to check it on a real board.
I attach a photo of the model.

SAM_2564.JPG

Edited by Sikor
more info

@electrotrains should be able to confirm, but if you followed the Excel article then I should think you are able to design your own PCB layout based on the connections from the breakout board?

[Edit] and in doing so there could be potential for adding a second button which @flashjazzcat could take advantage of, e.g. for disk rotation.

[Edit2] Another option is to move to the STM32F765VIT6 and use the extra flash space for importing 1MByte cart images from the SD card when as they don't fit in RAM, plus the extra MIPS would be great :)

Edited by Wrathchild

• 1 year later...