IGNORED

Searching for Fun pac 1,2 & 3 cassette Ti99/4a Virgin games

mjnurney

hello all,

Im searching for a collection of games that i had as a kid and I've had no luck in finding them in real cassette form.

They were released by Virgin games in 1983 i think , Fun Pac 1,2 & 3 ... the games were.

Golf

Nuclear disaster

Gunfighter

Escape the mugger

among others , i think each cassette had 3 games on it. Red label and 1950s style art work. all very basic but i loved them..

is there anyone out in Atari land who has them , a copy or the data files to run on my Flashrom99

many thanks

mike.

Robopods and Parco Golf were others too

this was the ones by Virgin Games :)

post-24673-0-12804900-1490549098_thumb.jpg

I actually have a pair of them as spare anyway i am working on scanning and Dumps to publish on my website.

this is my not fully updated spare list if you like to check something :P I also should have a spare of Parco Golf Tape.

exchange_Trade_Stuff_TI99_List_v0.75.zip

Edited by ti99iuc
  • Like 2

Oh yeah, this is bringing back some memories. Anyone remember this site from back in the 90s:

http://www.oocities.org/addatex@btinternet.com/index.html

Secret Agent always looked fun.

Robopods is on there as is the all silver TI-99/4A, which was making the rounds back then. I never found out if it was a custom job or if there really were all silver TI-99/4As. Someone mentioned it might have been released in Europe since they never got the beige consoles, so the TI factory in Europe painted them all white/silver to match the newer US ones.

Edited by Toucan

I

http://www.oocities.org/addatex@btinternet.com/index.html

... there as is the all silver TI-99/4A, which was making the rounds back then. I never found out if it was a custom job or if there really were all silver TI-99/4As. Someone mentioned it might have been released in Europe since they never got the beige consoles, so the TI factory in Europe painted them all white/silver to match the newer US ones.

It looks like a painted case to me. What I see as the tell tales signs are:

1) On the left hand side, it looks like the smooth area was not painted to somewhat match the joystick port.

2) The lettering on the aluminum trim is partially obscured, possibly due to a light spray and a clear coat.

I do like the look, but I wonder how the paint job held up due to cartridges activity.

I also notice the on/off switch is missing, wonder if it was due to paint issues?.

gallery_35324_1027_97817.jpg

I had a TI that I removed the outside switch and had a PC power station with buttons that would turn on or off everything for 8 plugs

or each button for each of 8 devices:

TI99/4A

PBox

Monitor

SCSI (PC Box with 350 Watt Power Supply)

Other 2 were for the IBM PC and Monitor next to it on table.

This left 2 plugs empty.

It looks like a painted case to me. What I see as the tell tales signs are:

1) On the left hand side, it looks like the smooth area was not painted to somewhat match the joystick port.

2) The lettering on the aluminum trim is partially obscured, possibly due to a light spray and a clear coat.

I do like the look, but I wonder how the paint job held up due to cartridges activity.

I also notice the on/off switch is missing, wonder if it was due to paint issues?.

For a moment I thought it could also be a grossly overexposed shot. However, the "Solid state software" plaque and the keyboard are too black for that option.

where can i find robopods? it is not listed on the ti gamebase.

(http://www.gamebase64.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4611&start=30)

;)

Well, it's appears here as "Robopods" in both Gamebase 2 and 2.1 (/Games/Disks/ROBOPODS.zip). Tested and works fine as diskimage in DSK1 with Classic99 running XB. Autoloads.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

post-24673-0-70153800-1538158699.png

for who is interested I have dumped the original TI-BASIC game from cassette tape.

It will run in TI BASIC also on Classic99 using instruction CALL FILES (0) before OLD command.

here the links:

GAME + DOCS

Scroll the page to find the downloads ZIP files of the game, there are different versions.

- TI BASIC (original dump)

- Extended Basic (autoload multifile modified version by Addatex Software) (this one is already present in the GameBase)

- Extended Basic (single file modified version by Addatex Software)

in the DOCS link you can find instructions in Italian, English and German

if someone have something more about this game please contact me and we can add to the web page :)

Thanks and Enjoy

• 9 months later...