IGNORED

Who is currently repairing Jaguar CD units?

swlovinist

• 3 years later...

Hi there,

I have an Atari Jaguar CD player which is going to the red screen at power on. The CD doesn't load and I can't use a cartridge through the CD either.

The Jaguar console and games work 100%. I've tried some of the trouble-shooting guides from the forum with no success.

Please does anyone know any Atari skilled repairers (Uk or Europe) and can share their details?

Thanks,

Ags

16 hours ago, madman said:

Have you taken the CD unit apart, cleaned and re-seated the edge connector? 

Hi Madman thanks for your reply. I've cleaned the edge connector but haven't gone looking below the metal foil and main circuit board. Wasn't confident enough. I'll go back for another try. I really want to play Highlander again and was hoping an expert could do the repair for me for a cost. Thanks.

• 2 months later...

Hi, I was testing out some Jaguar games from Ebay today and then loaded my Jaguar CD which wasn't working previously. To my surprise, amazingly it had some life.

However the CD game will only spin and load if you press down quite hard on the lid (where the logo is). You have to keep the same pressure on the lid otherwise the CD stops spinning. Has anyone come across this and have an idea how to fix? Many thanks mates.

Edited by Ags

On 1/30/2021 at 3:44 PM, cubanismo said:

Probably something simple like this:

http://www.theinnocuous.com/jaguar/jagcd_suppl/lid_switch.html

That was a good article.  Thanks for sharing.

On 1/31/2021 at 7:50 AM, Rick Dangerous said:

Nice to see best is still offering the repair service....good to have handy in a pinch.

For starters, best is indeed awesome.   Wrote Brad on that before I tried to repair my parts CD unit and he was all "if the CD unit has been opened I cannot repair".  Which is fair really.   Mine was opened, gutted of parts, and what not.   However, he was excellent for getting the plunger and patch pieces that I was missing.  Actually used that recently repaired CD unit a lot since its repair.  

On 1/31/2021 at 9:36 AM, Ags said:

Cubanismo you are a legend, I adjusted the switch contacts. Problem solved and Atari Jaguar CD now working. Thank you royally.

He is quite a the offiando on CD repair isn't he?   :D   We are not ready to shuck the CD units just yet so that's a good thing.

• Thanks 1