IGNORED

Tapper (Budweiser) version

Mik26

I don't think any of the home versions had Budweiser. They were all more 'family friendly'.

Interestingly, even the BBC Micro conversion- almost certainly commissioned for the UK market (#)- used the "Mountain Dew" sign, despite the fact it wasn't sold here at the time.

Playing Tapper on my friend's BBC B in the mid-80s was first and the only place I'd heard of it. IIRC I didn't even know what it actually was until they launched it in the UK in the mid-90s. (##)

Anyway, I guess what I'm saying is that "Mountain Dew" will always be connected to Tapper for me, so I'd rather have that sign anyway. :) Sorry! :-D

(#) The BBC Micro's market share outside the UK was negligible; even here, it was pretty "second tier" in terms of game support, being primarily successful in the education field.

(##) Then withdrew it again a few years later. They reintroduced the name for an energy drink a while back, but it's definitely not the same product. (That's assuming the 90s "Dew" was the same as the US version anyway.)