IGNORED

Do you own any Plug & Play machines?

Shawn

Do you own any Plug & Play machines?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Do you own any Plug & Play machines?

• Yes
    • No

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

mine:
Activision 10-in-1 Plug-n-play TV Games (QVC exclusive-Grey color) (2001)
Jakks Pacific Pac-Man 5 games in 1 Plug-n-Play TV Games (2 working - 1 broken)
Jakks Pacific Ms. Pac-Man 7 games in 1 Plug-n-Play TV Games
Jakks Pacific Super Pac-Man 4 games in 1 Plug-n-Play TV Games
Intellivision 10 games in 1 Plug-n-Play - blue handheld

Coleco Electronic Football 6 games in 1 Plug-n-Play [MIB]

Jakks Pacific World Poker Tour No Limit Texas Hold Em Plug & Play (2004)

Tiger TV Mission: Paintball Plug-n-Play (missing battery cover)

I've owned a few over the years and have dumped almost all of them. The only two I have now are the Radica Space Invaders unit which I absolutely love. It has Space Invaders, Colony 7, Phoenix, Qix and Lunar Rescue. As far as I can tell they're really good ports of the arcade games and seem fairly accurate. The only other one I have is one of those pirate Power Joy units in a fake N64 controller. It's basically a pirate NES multicart on a chip, which is actually ok for some quick gaming if I don't feel like plugging the NES in.

I bought this piece of trash for my dad when it came out. We used to play Snafu at my grandfather's house in the 80's. I remember being supremely pissed when this thing excluded the music, which is one of the best things about Snafu, and the main reason I bought it in the first place. I later got a working Intellivision off eBay, and am all the happier for it.

81EJoU1uBpL._SX425_.jpg

I also got a Coleco Vision Flashback, but all that did was inspire me to get my actual Coleco Vision down from the attic and start playing the original carts again. So, while I have bought a couple of plug and play consoles in the past, they always lead me back to the original hardware.

If you haven't ever seen this, please watch this Jon Tron video on bad Plug and Play systems. It is good for many, many, many laughs:

https://youtu.be/jHepjitYJmM

• Like 1

I bought this piece of trash for my dad when it came out. We used to play Snafu at my grandfather's house in the 80's. I remember being supremely pissed when this thing excluded the music, which is one of the best things about Snafu, and the main reason I bought it in the first place. I later got a working Intellivision off eBay, and am all the happier for it.

81EJoU1uBpL._SX425_.jpg

I had the model of the INTV plug and play before that one and it was a total POS. Looks like the newer ones have not gotten any better from what you said. I'm not surprised either :(

• Like 2

I've got the Namco one where the joystick twists and acts as a steering wheel for Pole Position. Has Mappy, Ms. Pac-Man, Galaga and more. Thing is awesome for what it is... I've had a handful of others throughout the years, but like this one best. The C64 PnP was a major disappointment as it has a crap game selection IMO.

• Like 1

Back in the early 2000's, I was around 8 or 9, they were practically booming! My uncle had an Atari joystick controller plug in and a Pac-Man plug in. My own was the Spongebob one and I loved that and the Pac-Man one, too. The newer ones don't really appeal to me too much, but I may get one if they have games I can't get.

As someone who remembers when game consoles cost $200 in 1982 bucks, which was the equivalent to $500 today, and might as well have been made of unobtainium for a kid, I think plug and play consoles are incredibly neat!

Even when they're not 100% authentic, they still provide a taste of opening a new Atari or Sega box ...and having all the built-in games to replay or discover for the first time is still a treat to me.

I have the whole 2014 AtGames line plugged into my TV right now: Atari, Coleco, Intellivision, Sega. I've also got the C64 DTV around someplace, the Radical Space Invaders unit, the Konami unit, the Sega and Atari portables ... also an Ouya and a RetroPie, which I treat in very much the same way. Maybe someday I'll even get an NES Classic Mini.

Best. Toys. Ever.

• Like 3

Just one- an Atari driving controller one I got for Christmas back in high school. Made me want a proper Atari- which, ironically, I already had a bunch of games & a controller for. I picked them up at thrift stores for visual aids for a 9th grade history project. I actually had a vader, but it never did work.

It was years later when I actually got an Atari that ran- it took awhile to find a place that sold them regularly. Traded the vader in in hopes they could repair it or use it for parts.

I have both the Flashback 2 (given as a gift), Intellivision Flashback, and the Atari Portable. Of those the Intelly Flashback is my favorite of the console releases, and the Atari Portable is just awesome all the way around!

I got the Namco one a long time ago.

I have two of the NoaC Inty plug-and-plays, bought one when it came out and won the other one in a contest. One of them is signed by Keith Robinson.

I have one of the AtGame Genesis plug and plays - it's okay, the wii-style controllers aren't the best and the emulation is spotty.

They basically sit in the closet, I don't recall the last time I've used either.

On the other hand, I also have the newer Colecovision and Intellivision flashbacks and they're replaced the real hardware for me, largely due to how good the controllers are.

Edited by BydoEmpire
  • Like 1

Got the 2 Atari in a controller kind (jakks pacific atari tv games, the Joystick and the twin paddle: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atari_(Jakks_Pacific)).

Got Space Invaders Arcade Legends (Space Invaders, Phoenix etc..) , TV games Space Invaders/Taito collection (10 games), Ms Pacman, PacMan Connect/30th anniversary, the Capcom 3-in-1 with 1942/commando/Ghosts'n'Goblins (PAL only).

What to say ... the Atari ones are alright, Arcade Legends seems to play fine and I like Phoenix, the Taito collection has sound issues but it was promising (Bubble Bobble alone was the reason for it imho) , PacMan Connect is great (they should have kept PolePosition), Ms PacMan is very good (and has Pole Position, you twist the stick to steer ... brilliant), Capcom 3-in-1 is good just because I love those 3 games and they are as brutal as I remembered them to be.