IGNORED

Do you own any Plug & Play machines?

Shawn

Do you own any Plug & Play machines?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Do you own any Plug & Play machines?

• Yes
    • No

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I have my modded flashback 2 and I used to have a plug and play wheel of fortune game that was fun I don't know whatever happened to it though. I almost really don't consider the atari flashback to be plug and play really like the other handheld units seeing how you also have to hook up a power adapter as well, then plug in a controller, or maybe I'm thinking that because also put cartridges in mine and to me it is no different than calling a 2600 a plug and play. To me I think plug and play more like the Atari plug and play joystick model or that wheel of fortune game I mentioned earlier, which take batteries and all you do is plug in the RCA cables.

2 Sega genesis ones

pac man

ms pacman

space invaders

colecovison flashback

intellivision flash back

atari flashback 1, 5, 7

A namco collection

A 2600 controller with a bunch of games

Pretty much every year around christmas if there's one i don't have i grab it at the dollar stores. The Segas are lame as every year it's the same games but at least you can find the things unlike Nintendo's mess-up.

Got a second-hand Atari Stick and couldn't say I'm very impressed. Kids don't really "go" for it either. Would love to get a Flashback 2 or 2.5 and mod for cart use but those are NTSC only and having 2 VCSes, two 7800s and Composite Video mod kits around + a Harmony, there isn't too much need. When travelling I usually have my Laptop and can use an Emulator to play whatever I want.

Will have a look at the Radica, though, sounds interesting.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought this was about old ISA and PCI cards that were 'Plug & Pray' compatible, meaning that Microshaft Winblows 95 would automagically detect the Perry Farrell without installing drivers!?!

Sure I own shitty plug into your tv crappy battery drinker landfill supporting caustic acid leaky toys. All over the place.

Plug & Play Sound Blaster 16!!!

I thought this was about old ISA and PCI cards that were 'Plug & Pray' compatible, meaning that Microshaft Winblows 95 would automagically detect the Perry Farrell without installing drivers!?!

Sure I own shitty plug into your tv crappy battery drinker landfill supporting caustic acid leaky toys. All over the place.

Plug & Play Sound Blaster 16!!!

I thought having the title "Plug & Play Machines" would have avoided any such confusion. Never heard of an ISA or PCI card being called a machine in my whole life.

I've never hear a thing you plug into a tv that eats batteries called a machine in my whole life. Like, there's this big blue sonic head on the floor plugged in while it's batteries leak acid on your kids legs, and you're like "PICK UP THAT MACHINE!"

However, when you have a Plug & Play MACHINE, back in the day that meant you could put ISA or PCI cards IN IT (yeah, the CARD isn't MACHINE, I GET IT).

touche

I've got the Atari "keychain" ones (in quotes due to the impracticality of the keychain bit) like them mostly as the mini models of paddle and joystick.

Got a pacman one with pacman on the tip of the stick.

The first three flashback consoles.

As for do they do it for me? Eh, not really. I'd rather play one of the many real varientso f the consoles they represent. Their cute and look cool on the shelf, but get little to no use.

I go through them as I find them, usually pass them onto people who want them. But some I do keep for awhile or just keep. I've held onto that 8bit Pac-Man looking one that is on the market now (has been a couple years) which has the tuck away cord, hi score saving, 2 player and a good line up. I also have that oddball ATGames Arcade Pro Gamer handheld (it's a Sega GameGear+SMS 30in1 closed system) and I like to fire it up now and again and it can get ramped into a TV, just as my FC Mobile 88 can which has garbage built in but has a FC slot I keep a SuperGames 500in1 in at all times.

I had a Golden Tee(2nd ver) one among others but they're all up for sale or sold as I rarely touch the stuff. I only like them when they do the job right, not just enough to con a budget shopper.

Most of these date back to the 2000's when system on a chip plug and play consoles were all the rage. They now get thrown in the "any other games" box.

Atari Flashback

C64 Plug and Play

Namco Plug and Play

Nintendo Mini

Superjoy Famiclone

Megadrive handheld - ATGames

I have several... a few I use with the teens I work with at the treatment center (rather than lug a bunch of original consoles into work; which I still do on special occasions)- those are mostly Namco ones (with Mrs. Pacman, Dig Dug, Pole Position, etc.), but I really like the round one that has Super PacMan on it.

The other ones I really enjoy are my Commodore 64 Plug-N-Play (that I picked up for a song at a Pawn Shop; I don't think they knew what they had), a Coleco-Vision Plug-N-Play (never had one as a kid and I really wanted to see what the fuss was about), my Atari 2600 Portable (which counts, right?), a mini-Genesis one and a weird one shaped like Sonic The hedgehog's head with his fist as the joystick (has a bunch of Master System/Game Gear games on it- the control is awful but I don't know how else I'd play those games).

For a while I picked up every Plug-N-Play I saw at Thrift Stores- the above were the only ones I kept.

• 4 weeks later...

I've never seen the point for me. I enjoy the actual systems and just can't get into the plug 'n play. I did pick up a Namco one for my mom since she loves Ms Pac-Man and has no idea how anything with more than 2 plugs works. Apparently the fun and nostalgia lasted 2 weeks and I saw it in her laundry room next to the cat litter.

Thanks for the link to the Jon Tron video Downland1983

• 1 year later...

I have 2. . . . . . .

#1 is Namco Plug and Play that has Ms Pac-Man, Pole Position, Galaga, Mappy and Xevious

#2 is Activision Plug and Play that has

Pitfall! ,Atlantis, River Raid, Spider Fighter, Crackpots, Freeway, Tennis, Boxing, Ice Hockey and Grand Prix

Edited by LYNXGUY

• 2 weeks later...