IGNORED

Castle Blast Label Contest

Albert

quote:

Originally posted by Atari junkie:

I just love these pictures for this new game!!. I read that there will be a vote to pick the best, when will this be? I already think I know which one I will vote for.

Voting will begin tonight after midnight.

..Al

The period for submitting Castle Blast labels is now behind us, and it's time to vote for your favorite label! At the bottom of the Castle Blast Contest Page you'll find all the labels (over thirty!) submitted to the contest. When you find your favorite, vote for it and you can see how it's doing relative to the other labels. Voting will run for two weeks, after which Castle Blast's author Ronen Habot will choose one of the top three labels as the winner. The winner of the contest will receive a limited Special Edition version of Castle Blast. Good luck to everyone who entered!

[ 04-01-2002: Message edited by: Albert ]

quote:

Originally posted by calamari:

I voted.. but is there a way to go back and see the results again? I don't want to revote just for the results again.

I'll work on adding that tonight. My original thinking was that I didn't want previous votes to influence someone's decision, but I agree this is less than optimal so I'll change it so it always shows the results.

..Al

Just wanted to post a note (and this is mostly directed at Calamari) that I haven't had a chance to update the contest page to allow you to see the votes before you vote. Will try to get to that later today (and if I'm lucky, before I go into work in the morning!)

And Cristiana, your labels look great and I only wish I had a tenth the talent that you the other artists who submitted labels have. I hope some of the other artists who've submitted labels will provide some insight as to the tools they've used to create their entries.

..Al

quote:

Originally posted by cristiana:

well, i'm bored and its late at night, so, here is a question for all the label authors. What programs do you use to make your labels. I'll start off. I used only adobe illustrator for all my labels.

Beleive it or not i used "Microsoft Paint" to draw the whole label , took me a weekor so.

Cristiana says: What programs do you use to make your labels.  

I personally use Bryce for the 3D and then Photoshop for all the montage/finalisation and typefaces.

BTW: thanks to you all the voting people for my artwork, even if most of the artworks submitted are just amazingly well done and especially yours Cristiana IMHO

quote:

Originally posted by Monster greifen an:

Hey, I can't vote from my computer. I share the same connection as about ten other people and once someone voted no one else could. How can I fix this so I can vote too!

Wow! You are sharing your connection with 10 other Atari Age members?! Wow!

quote:

Originally posted by skatepunk60:

did he vote under your registered name?

In order to help cut down on people submitting multiple votes, in addition to saving a cookie on your system (that can simply be deleted) your IP address is saved when you vote. This prevents people from voting more than once with the same IP, but it also will prevent multiple people who are behind a server all sharing the same IP from voting.

Regardless, after examining the logs yesterday there is some very blatant cheating going on and we are probably going to have to stop the voting and come up with another way to allow people to vote for their favorite label. It's very unfortunate that some people have taken it upon themselves to attempt to alter the results of the contest.

I am open to suggestions for a fair way that allows people to vote for their favorite label that isn't subject to voting fraud as easily.

..Al

[ 04-04-2002: Message edited by: Albert ]

quote:

Originally posted by Albert:

Regardless, after examining the logs yesterday there is some very blatant cheating going on and we are probably going to have to stop the voting and come up with another way to allow people to vote for their favorite label. It's very unfortunate that some people have taken it upon themselves to attempt to alter the results of the contest.

I am open to suggestions for a fair way that allows people to vote for their favorite label that isn't subject to voting fraud as easily.

..Al

[ 04-04-2002: Message edited by: Albert ]

That is too bad... something was starting to look kinda funny...

How about a thread where only members registered prior to the contest end date can voice their vote by posting a message?

[ 04-04-2002: Message edited by: Lost Monkey ]