IGNORED

Castle Blast Label Contest

Albert

Okay, the initial onslaught of labels has been posted to the Castle Blast Label Contest Page. Remember to click on each of the thumbs to look at a larger version of the image. Now that the work of putting these into a database has been done, I it'll only take me a minute to add additional entries as they come in. If anyone has suggestions for how I can improve the presentation of the labels please let me know.

Enjoy!

..Al

quote:

Originally posted by Monster greifen an:

finally, my masterpiece is online!!!!

What do people think about me adding everyone's message board alias next to their name so it's easier to tell who's creating what labels? Some people use their original name on the boards, but most do not.

..Al

I'm down with that. Sounds great I could be identified better through my message board name. I could brag easier. hahahahahahaa.

hey Albert, the 5200 message board link on the Castle Blast page took me to the QB label contest message board for the 2600, you should fix that.

quote:

Originally posted by Monster greifen an:

hey Albert, the 5200 message board link on the Castle Blast page took me to the QB label contest message board for the 2600, you should fix that.

Fixed, thanks for pointing that out. That's at least the second time I've done that.

..Al

Hello, I am new to this web site but I have loved playing all the Atari systems for a long time and I was told about Atariage and I just had to join. I just love this place with all the information, pictures and these great label contests of yours and I must say that a lot of these people have great skill. I think I will like it here.

Only so many things can be done with this contest, the name doesn't help, having the word castle in it makes you go straight for the obvious. I enetered one design, but I'm too busy working on my new website to warrant time for another. this sucks.

Hey, I just checked out Ataripitbull's Castle Blast submissions, and let me tell you, those are sweet!!! Dude, if you check out the other ones, and compare them to his, it's no question about it, his are THE BEST!!! Anybody who thinks other wise, better get their eyes checked!!! Keep up the good work man!!

No, No, NO, don't get me wrong, in no way was I downing anyone else's work. I myself couldn't design a label if my life depended on it. I congradulate all entries, and their hard work. I must admit, sometimes I do say the wrong thing, but I wasn't trying to come across rude. In my last reply, I was simply stating my opinion of my favorite. I wasn't putting dowm anyone's work. Sorry, if I insulted anybody's work!!

I have posted several new labels to the Castle Blast Label Contest page in the last day. Here they are for your browsing pleasure:

Cameron Pershall (Entry #2)

Chris Wilson (Entry #1)

Cristiana Yambo (Entry #2)

Jeffrey Sledgianowski (Entry #2)

Jim Combs (Entry #3)

Matt Gauslin (Entry #1)

You can view all the contest entries here. Keep up the great work everyone!

..Al

quote:

Originally posted by OldGuru:

[QB]I tried to print some to see how they look on a real cartridge... the printed label came out larger than the original's size. [QB]

Well, I'm resizing the labels to a width of 460 before plastering them on the cartridge. Most of the entries are submitted at a higher resolution, and I can send them to you if you want to try printing them. You'll need to know exactly how wide the 5200 label is and then tell whatever program you're trying to print the label with to print the image at that size. The alternative is to know what DPI the image is and set that instead, but without knowing how wide the label is I can't give you that yet.

I'll measure a 5200 label when I get home, unless someone beats me to it (hint, hint).

..Al

A 5200 label measures approximately 7 cm tall and about 8.5 cm wide.

Actually I just used a ruler on my 5200 Pac-Man which was handy and it measured 7 cm tall and 8.7 cm wide. But 8.5 I would bet is the norm.

Atari on!

quote:

Originally posted by -^Cro§Bow^-:

Actually I just used a ruler on my 5200 Pac-Man which was handy and it measured 7 cm tall and 8.7 cm wide. But 8.5 I would bet is the norm.

Realizing that I forgot to measure a label last night, I grabbed a 5200 Pac-Man cartridge on my way into work so I could measure it there. Okay, using the first tape measure I could find (which unfortunately does not have metric measurements), I find that the Pac-Man label is roughly 3 3/8" wide by 2 3/4" tall.

It is interesting to note that the 5200 labels from Atari are exactly the same size as their 2600 labels, just rotated 90 degrees. I think I need to add that to our "Did you know?" box on the front page.

..Al