IGNORED

Sega to Intellivision controller adapter

grips03

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey all. I'm going to post in the marketplace tomorrow, but if anyone is interested in one of these, I am selling mine with ONE caveat. The fuse on the board has blown and needs to be replaced. Currently it will only work with one button. If you replace this fuse you are good to go:

https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/RST+200-BULK/507-1169-ND/809313/?itemSeq=323670486

If you're interested, send me a PM. This is a chance to own one of these adapters at less than I paid for the device :)

Any fair offer will be accepted! I also have the power adapter and will throw that in as well!

• 10 months later...

I've been really enjoying using the 8bitdo M30 wireless Genesis gamepad with the Grips03 - Sega to Inty adapter. This was a great recommendation, as it works well with the Intellivision. It's definitely my preferred way to play nowadays. ?

However, it's tough finding an unused outlet around here without having to unplug something first, so I took some inspiration from one of Grips' old mods from back when he was first developing Inty controllers and decided to add a power jack to my console. Note: I don't advise anybody do this, though it was simple to do and was sort of a necessary evil in my case. Stick with the recommended PSU unless you know what you're doing. ;)

I picked up an inexpensive DC-DC buck converter, 2.1mm x 5.5mm barrel jacks and a 6ft male/male power cable off of Amazon. Then I tapped into 5v contact off the ribbon cable on the bottom of internal power board, which the converter bumps up to 9v (double checking that everything matches the PSU specs), installed the jack on the lower half of the shell and tied the power cable to the controller cable. Now I can power the adapter through the Inty II. Works great like this and it's nice not having to use more than 1 wall outlet, though in hindsight, I wish I would've put the DC jack on the back. It's all good though. :)

Happy gaming!

20210621_003832.thumb.jpg.833cb4a86f08c5f8169471d238dac22a.jpg

• Like 4

• 6 months later...
3 hours ago, grips03 said:

Not possible due to job/time.  Perhaps another on AA could make them.  Just follow that guide.  Ideally they would not use the same case, buttons, form factor I did, but make something even nicer.

I know my friend Stan, ovcasionally has time to work woth fight stick equipment.  Maybe he can make Imtellivision Joystick adapters.  If he makes one for me, it'll be easier to repeat.

A problem is that this only has AB snd BC pins activated.  No top pin of AC for the top button.  Mashing both SMS buttons equals ABC or multipress.  In most games, ABC and AC are equal.

He can also build atari<->bally adapters (no dial) and intv 2 <->intvfb and other similar "passive adapters"

54 minutes ago, grips03 said:

I recommend you make a new thread for that.  Would prefer to have this thread focus on the adapter I made so there is less confusion.

Sorry, but can I use the exsiting diagram to find a way to do a true 3 button+multi inputs?

I would like to use your keypad diagram for the keypad portion of an adapter and the joystick wiring for treating the diagonals right.  May we use?

Also it could make a good 5200 adapter where all diagonals are 70% analog strength, to electrically force it within a circle.

I know if a keypad is used the ABC of the buttons are column indicators and inly one us used if a jey is pressed 

Doesn't Sega Master System use 2 buttons, while a Omega Race Booster Grip tap the 2 paddles to make 2 extra buttons, plus the main one for 3 buttons?  If so, a Booster Grip would have a good "naked 3 button controller" for INTV, except we have to use your diagram for treating 8 way diagonals right and the keypad.