IGNORED

Reprints of Hotdog and Relief Pitcher and New Releases Coming This Month

Beta Phase Games

Well pin pin, let me bring you up to speed... it's been one year and three months and nothing has been released. No movement, just one single post, after one year and two months ago, that basically stated that the project is still on going. Check back in 2020 and I'm sure you can still be on the list.

• Like 1

True, but since that one will probably never see the light of day (and even if it does we may only be provided with 10 copies) the odds of him actually getting one is slim to none. If he just wants to try the game as is, he can purchase one now from ebay and not turn into a skeleton waiting.

the avp is a different one with some patches which allow to play as alien.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Maybe someone would be able to get the rights if this isn't happening? :) There's some 'permission to distribute' names in the original 2011 thread:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/174957-hotdog-available-now-new-platformer-mascot-game/?hl=+hotdog

It does mention exclusive rights though!

RELEASE CREDITS:
Paul Johnson- Art, design, level scripting and permission to distribute
Steve Mitchell- High level macro code, permission to distribute
Tim Harper- Music and Sound FX
Willard- Released by, packaging and printing
Buddybuddies- Released by
Lynxman- PCB Design and Soldering
Sage- Beta Phase Games Logo Replacement
Special thanks to Thunderbird for coordinating extra soldering in case there is additional demand

*Distributed by Beta Phase Games LLC Under Exclusive Worldwide License

Do we know who own the rights for those 2 games? Maybe der Luchs or Super Fighter team would be interested to do a new edition?

I guess both games would sell at least a couple of hundred of copies each...

Hotdog is one thing since, as Turbo Laser Lynx said, BPG had permission from the original copyright holder. But Relief Pitcher is a port of an Atari arcade machine. As such, I very much doubt that BPG or anyone related to the Lynx community is the actual copyright holder or a even legal licensee for that game. Unearthing lost prototypes does not make you copyright owner of its contents, as far as I know. BPG probably got away with releasing and distributing Relief Pitcher because Lynx is just too niche to be of any importance to current copyright holders, whoever they might be now after so many corporate mergers and buy-overs.