IGNORED

Reprints of Hotdog and Relief Pitcher and New Releases Coming This Month

Beta Phase Games

Why don't we just lock this thread? It's been 1.5 years since it started and one reply from the author. It's become nothing but a bash festival and it's just rediciulous after all this time everyone is getting strung along and in my opinion jerked around for all this time for nothing. When they get their crap together, they can open another thread.

• Like 4

Why don't we just lock this thread? It's been 1.5 years since it started and one reply from the author. It's become nothing but a bash festival and it's just rediciulous after all this time everyone is getting strung along and in my opinion jerked around for all this time for nothing. When they get their crap together, they can open another thread.

I second the notion.

This thread should be thrown in a bomb fire.

Then we can all roast HOT DOGS over it.

?

• Like 2

• 10 months later...

I managed to pick up hotdog recently from a guy selling on the fb lynx page. So get yourself on there. I paid a premium though as you would expect. I passed up on relief Pitcher he was selling at the same time. I can live without sports games especially at the premium price. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/12/2019 at 4:59 PM, Sapicco said:

I grabbed hot dog a while ago, but also not interested in paying the asking price for relief pitcher. It looks like an awful game. Anyone ever play it?

On 7/22/2019 at 8:49 AM, travistouchdown said:

No to either.  Was wondering the same about Hot Dog; is it any fun?

Maybe @Songbird could get the rights to these games and make them available if @Beta Phase Games isn't up to it. 

I bought both games from Beta Phase during their first (only?) run of the games. Relief Pitcher is actually a much better product than Hot Dog, although you might not like it if you didn't like or play the arcade original. Hot Dog is fun in short bursts, and it would've been a mid-tier Lynx platformer if it had been finished, but it's just not up there with either Scrapyard Dog or Toki. It's a cute game, but not exactly fresh or interesting.

I second what travistouchdown is saying.  If the games are still in production or the company who has the rights to them are still in business then fair enough.  But if they are not then surely it would come under the title abandonware, just like the Atari Lynx Back catalogue that you can get from pretty much any rom site.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, davidcalgary29 said:

As an aside, I recently played Hot Dog April's Fool as it was included on the Aga Cart. Was this originally coded as a teaser for Hot Dog? I haven't seen this before.

It was discovered here 

For some reason the site is still up. There are other games "leaked" there as well. Sage, marss and I have no clue of who the original pranksters are ???

And Guitari has no clue in who composed the music for the prank ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/17/2019 at 7:11 AM, davidcalgary29 said:

As an aside, I recently played Hot Dog April's Fool as it was included on the Aga Cart. Was this originally coded as a teaser for Hot Dog? I haven't seen this before.

Check out the "Explore" section on Atari Gamer, you'll probably find even more games you haven't seen before (https://atarigamer.com/explore).

The "ROM Only Homebrews" will probably have the most unique/weird/interesting findings - https://atarigamer.com/explore/rom-only-homebrews

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/17/2019 at 8:21 AM, karri said:

It was discovered here 

For some reason the site is still up. There are other games "leaked" there as well. Sage, marss and I have no clue of who the original pranksters are ???

And Guitari has no clue in who composed the music for the prank ?

When you say 'no clue' does that not include sending me a PM to tell me the answer?!?! :)

2 minutes ago, Guitari said:

When you say 'no clue' does that not include sending me a PM to tell me the answer?!?! :)

Lol. Oh, thanks for composing the tune to Hot Dog. I know that I originally planned to use your tunes on the Betty Boop series. But as I lacked some music I just "borrowed" it for Hot Dog. So you are kind of involved in the prank too.

As the Lynx game developement has been so hectic lately I totally forgot about me Betty Boop development. Perhaps some year when we have no celebrations...

• Like 1