IGNORED

Reprints of Hotdog and Relief Pitcher and New Releases Coming This Month

Beta Phase Games

2 minutes ago, karri said:

Lol. Oh, thanks for composing the tune to Hot Dog. I know that I originally planned to use your tunes on the Betty Boop series. But as I lacked some music I just "borrowed" it for Hot Dog. So you are kind of involved in the prank too.

As the Lynx game developement has been so hectic lately I totally forgot about me Betty Boop development. Perhaps some year when we have no celebrations...

Welcomes! 

I can't keep up with Lynx or Jag these days. I'm struggling to get the 30th Birthday pack to even load. Since turning 40 I think my brain stopped working. I've probably missed a load of stuff and my lynx and Jag collections probably aren't so complete any more :( 

Let me know if you want to use any more music or need any more! 

1 hour ago, Guitari said:

Welcomes! 

I can't keep up with Lynx or Jag these days. I'm struggling to get the 30th Birthday pack to even load. Since turning 40 I think my brain stopped working. I've probably missed a load of stuff and my lynx and Jag collections probably aren't so complete any more :( 

Let me know if you want to use any more music or need any more! 

What is the problem you're having loading the games?

• 7 months later...
On 4/21/2020 at 3:59 PM, 4ever2600 said:

Didn't you know? They are still getting their hot dog, and relief pitcher games ready for April 2017!

Every so often I come back here to check on this forum, but never posted anything until now.

Your comment actually made me laugh. Thanks for that. Someday we'll see these reprints... Right?!

• 2 years later...

Yes - Same here. Would love to get this. But Hotdog is impossible to find.

And the people who sold it years ago seem to have disappeared, so no new production runs, i guess.

If (at least) it was available on flashcart with 3d-printed shell or as (paid) rom download...

From the original topic:

The first batch of 75 copies is being produced on custom blue PLCC boards.

Some juicy gossip, I've been asked many years ago to port this game to the Jaguar :D I don't think I was ready at that point, but did some preliminary investigations.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

There is something I don’t get. Did they do work on the prototypes? Otherwise, if they didn’t own the prototypes to start with, which they didn’t, the protectiveness with which they’re treated is a little hard to understand.

If you visit their old web on web.archive.org you can read:

"Hotdog is a fast paced, highly ambitious mascot game which was in development from 1993 up until Atari pulled the plug on the Lynx. Before Lore Design moved on to produce Highlander for the Jaguar they were able to create a fully playable demo featuring 5 distinct worlds and 8 complete levels."

On "About" section:

PEOPLE WE HAVE COLLABORATED WITH
We have collaborated with many talented individuals and groups to add innovative new features to our products and bring our discoveries to Atari fans in playable cartridge form. These individuals are some of the most productive and supportive members in the Atari community and were directly involved in the production or manufacturing of our software at some point.
GoatDan (Dan)- Operator of The GOAT Store and partner in Carousel International asset acquisition
Paul Johnson- Hotdog designer and creator
Steve Mitchell- Lynx engine code for Hotd

https://web.archive.org/web/20150205044216/http://betaphasegames.com/Store.html

Edited by bradockido
  • Confused 1

On 8/25/2022 at 3:27 PM, jgkspsx said:

There is something I don’t get. Did they do work on the prototypes? Otherwise, if they didn’t own the prototypes to start with, which they didn’t, the protectiveness with which they’re treated is a little hard to understand.

Just money.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, bradockido said:

PEOPLE WE HAVE COLLABORATED WITH
We have collaborated with many talented individuals and groups to add innovative new features to our products and bring our discoveries to Atari fans in playable cartridge form. These individuals are some of the most productive and supportive members in the Atari community and were directly involved in the production or manufacturing of our software at some point.
GoatDan (Dan)- Operator of The GOAT Store and partner in Carousel International asset acquisition
Paul Johnson- Hotdog designer and creator
Steve Mitchell- Lynx engine code for Hotd

https://web.archive.org/web/20150205044216/http://betaphasegames.com/Store.html

Sry, I consider this is plain bullshit.

They did not have any source code nor did they compile any version themself. Otherwise they would not have asked other people to replace the boot screen with a modified (copyright) one for them. Actually you can still see the old one in the ROM.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1